“disappointed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammond
Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA
Reviewed 19 July 2014

we have been camping in Fort Stevens many yrs, love the beach, love the park.
We saw KOA every time, finally decided we gonna try it out this year; we booked small deluxe cabin, but would never return.
Good deliver service, staffs were very friendly, had fun riding bikes in the site....but all others were not good.
Room was very small, especially the bunky bed room. Single size beds, adults couldn't sit straight on the bed...and beside the bunky bed, there was very tiny space left.
The living room, there was a big dining table and double or queen size bed, but it`s not a sofa bed, so it took away 3/4 of the space in the living room; after we pull out chair, there was barely any space we could walk around. Though looks clean, but Linens and mattress were soooo old, we could see wear/tear little holes.
Not sure if our cabin had problem or all are the same, the hot water was only good for 1 quick shower. I was shampooing my hair, suddenly it turned all cold water. the next person had to wait another hour to get hot water.
Be aware, those cabins are for 2 ppl, then $5 per person per night
There was $8 per nite restore fee, but they don't provide room cleaning...we need to wrap the garbage, leave all used towels outside...
Yes, it has free WiFi, but very slow...my pad kept searching signal, and switching from one hotspot to another.
When we were in KOA store in the early morning, one customer requested to cancel his stay, he said he thought this`s a luxury camp site, but it`s not; he`s not happy with his stay...not sure if he got all refunded, but KOA agreed the checkout.
Though we didn't cancel our stay, but had to agree with him.
Overall, we were very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank campinportland
There are newer reviews for Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our family of four did a road trip from BC to Oregon and stayed two nights at the KOA campsite in Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside. As an inexperienced camper, I don't have much to compare with, but this KOA was the most family friendly campsite I could ever imagine. My boys are 1 and 4 and they had a blast. In addition to a large playground, there's an activity center, an indoor pool, and a bouncy pillow (kind of like a giant bouncy castle but without walls). Every morning there's a free pancake breakfast but add ons like bacon, eggs, sausage and coffee were very inexpensive. Where else can a family of four have a pancake breakfast with a few add ons for $4.50?

We stayed in a two bedroom cabin without a washroom (Cabin 35). Luckily, it was situated close to the bathrooms and hot showers. It was also near the bouncy pillow which was a bonus for my kids. I could watch them from my porch! The cabin itself had two bunk beds in the one bedroom and a double in the other. There was a swing on the porch and a fire pit in the grassy area next to the stairs. This KOA had an outdoor camping kitchen which I used both nights to cook dinner. It saved us from having to pack our Coleman's cook stove and propane tank. But I must admit that I was tempted to skip cooking altogether and order from a neighboring restaurant that delivers to the cabins.

The location of this campsite is perfect. Fort Stevens is literally across the street. My boys loved seeing the Iredale shipwreck and climbing up the sand dunes. Seaside is a short drive away and it was worth a visit as well.

The KOA staff was fantastic. I can't think of anything negative to say about our experience. We are already planning to go next year.

One tip: if your kids want to use the bouncy pillow, they need socks. We didn't pack any but luckily the KOA store has socks in stock for only $1 a pair

Room Tip: If you have young kids that require accompanying to a bathroom (especially in the middle of the nigh...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed in one of the cabins, it smelt a bit musty when we got there but it was okay after a while, we were only really using it as a base so it served it's purpose.
Our cabin was probably the furthest one away from the toilets so it was a bit of a walk and it seemed to be constantly in the shade, but that's just the luck of the draw, some of them were in nice sunny spots and close to the toilets.
We were only booked for one night, so I didn't use any of the facilities except for the showers and toilets, which were fine, the staff were friendly and helpful.
If you just need a quick base for the night, like us it was fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The state park across the street doesn't allow extra vehicles without a fee of $7, so the KOA was so kind to let us park our extra vehicle at their parking lot. Also, they have remodeled and the store area is beautiful. I recommend this facility for a great time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This KOA is amazingly beautiful. The staff is amazing, polite, genuine and helpful. This KOA was extremely busy and the experience was fabulous with well cared for and clean facilities. The pancakes were free and fluffy. The pool and hot tub were clean and hot. The laundry room perfect and well priced. The shower was hot and clean. The check in process was friendly with professionalism. The grounds were clean and well stocked with pet pick up bags. The garbage is picked up at your site by the KOA staff (nice touch). A few things to note: The KOA is a bit expensive with resort fee, site fee and pet fee its about $65 a night. Though, I think it is worth it. It rained a bit and then the next day the lawn was watered. I thought this to be "funny". We will absolutely go back.

Room Tip: Pull thru site 20 was really nice; centrally located.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our first experience with this KOA, We booked for 3 nights over Memorial weekend but were slightly concerned how noisy it would be considering the large size of the park, this proved not to be the case considering the park was full. We stayed in one of the full hook up paved sites, which were large, beautifully maintained, with a degree of privacy without feeling hemmed in, and very quiet. You could have chosen areas nearer the facilities for children, but for those without children or prefer a quieter area these are the sites to be in. Our later check-in was no hassle with plenty of staff there, with a warm welcome to help you out.
The park was very clean and well kept; it has all of the amenities we you would come to expect to find in a good park. The staff are friendly and helpful. Definitely on our return list and a ‘must stop’ for the camper looking for a great experience.
If I had one criticism that would not be the park but the KOA on line booking system, which is very disjointed, should you want to reserve a particular site number. A phone call was needed to sort it out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

For the 245 dollars to tent camp in the most disgusting part of the park! I don't see how they can charge so much for such an awful spot our view when we arrived was 2 big catipillers digging up dirt in back of park I got the worst spot ever!! It was k37 so if I can help anyone DO NOT get that spot! I have stayed here about 7 times been stuck back in that spot twice even though I called and requested not to be back there I hated it!

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank fancygal28
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
Astoria Riverwalk Inn
#5 of 14 in Astoria
Comfort Suites Columbia River
Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria

Been to Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA? Share your experiences!