“Great for kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammond
Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I have had great experiences staying at the warrenton KOA. I have stayed there a handful of times and haven't had a bad experience yet. Staff greets you at the entrance to assist you getting to your campsite, friendly staff, very clean facilities, activities planned for kids ( bouncy pillow, movies, ice cream socials and more). They also have benefits for everybody like free pancake breakfast, garbage pickup at your campsite, nice indoor pool. The only complaint I have is the cost. I pay about $15-20 more per night than a most campgrounds I go to in the area, but the amenities balance out the cost.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Toad8888

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here as a inexpensive alternative to a hotel. It is huge and the property has tons of things to keep restless kids entertained.
We were in a rustic cabin. It had electricity. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. It felt like we were sleeping on rocks. Luckily there were bunk beds along with our own full sized bed, so we took the mattresses off of the bunk beds and put them on our bed. This made it much more comfortable and I finally got some sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bionerd7865
Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you are into community camping and an old fashion vacation experience this is the place....Great for families with kids. Many family activities and places for the kids to play. If you like to be close, and I mean close to your camping neighbors, "by all means stay at the KOA". Amenities are nice...having bathrooms and running showers, also a laundry room.. all convenient. Not all cabins have bathrooms and some are a bit of a hike to get to one. Staff is always around, cleaning and or delivering wood or food from the restaurant. Spaces are small and extremely close to each other. A LOT of traffic always driving through..not the great outdoor camping we like to do. We tried it, we marked it off the bucket list and we will not do it again. I guess if we were Air Streaming it and need one night..maybe! Not, Tent friendly camping.

1  Thank TrinaS755
Reviewed 19 July 2014

we have been camping in Fort Stevens many yrs, love the beach, love the park.
We saw KOA every time, finally decided we gonna try it out this year; we booked small deluxe cabin, but would never return.
Good deliver service, staffs were very friendly, had fun riding bikes in the site....but all others were not good.
Room was very small, especially the bunky bed room. Single size beds, adults couldn't sit straight on the bed...and beside the bunky bed, there was very tiny space left.
The living room, there was a big dining table and double or queen size bed, but it`s not a sofa bed, so it took away 3/4 of the space in the living room; after we pull out chair, there was barely any space we could walk around. Though looks clean, but Linens and mattress were soooo old, we could see wear/tear little holes.
Not sure if our cabin had problem or all are the same, the hot water was only good for 1 quick shower. I was shampooing my hair, suddenly it turned all cold water. the next person had to wait another hour to get hot water.
Be aware, those cabins are for 2 ppl, then $5 per person per night
There was $8 per nite restore fee, but they don't provide room cleaning...we need to wrap the garbage, leave all used towels outside...
Yes, it has free WiFi, but very slow...my pad kept searching signal, and switching from one hotspot to another.
When we were in KOA store in the early morning, one customer requested to cancel his stay, he said he thought this`s a luxury camp site, but it`s not; he`s not happy with his stay...not sure if he got all refunded, but KOA agreed the checkout.
Though we didn't cancel our stay, but had to agree with him.
Overall, we were very disappointed.

1  Thank campinportland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our family of four did a road trip from BC to Oregon and stayed two nights at the KOA campsite in Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside. As an inexperienced camper, I don't have much to compare with, but this KOA was the most family friendly campsite I could ever imagine. My boys are 1 and 4 and they had a blast. In addition to a large playground, there's an activity center, an indoor pool, and a bouncy pillow (kind of like a giant bouncy castle but without walls). Every morning there's a free pancake breakfast but add ons like bacon, eggs, sausage and coffee were very inexpensive. Where else can a family of four have a pancake breakfast with a few add ons for $4.50?

We stayed in a two bedroom cabin without a washroom (Cabin 35). Luckily, it was situated close to the bathrooms and hot showers. It was also near the bouncy pillow which was a bonus for my kids. I could watch them from my porch! The cabin itself had two bunk beds in the one bedroom and a double in the other. There was a swing on the porch and a fire pit in the grassy area next to the stairs. This KOA had an outdoor camping kitchen which I used both nights to cook dinner. It saved us from having to pack our Coleman's cook stove and propane tank. But I must admit that I was tempted to skip cooking altogether and order from a neighboring restaurant that delivers to the cabins.

The location of this campsite is perfect. Fort Stevens is literally across the street. My boys loved seeing the Iredale shipwreck and climbing up the sand dunes. Seaside is a short drive away and it was worth a visit as well.

The KOA staff was fantastic. I can't think of anything negative to say about our experience. We are already planning to go next year.

One tip: if your kids want to use the bouncy pillow, they need socks. We didn't pack any but luckily the KOA store has socks in stock for only $1 a pair

Room Tip: If you have young kids that require accompanying to a bathroom (especially in the middle of the nigh...
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed in one of the cabins, it smelt a bit musty when we got there but it was okay after a while, we were only really using it as a base so it served it's purpose.
Our cabin was probably the furthest one away from the toilets so it was a bit of a walk and it seemed to be constantly in the shade, but that's just the luck of the draw, some of them were in nice sunny spots and close to the toilets.
We were only booked for one night, so I didn't use any of the facilities except for the showers and toilets, which were fine, the staff were friendly and helpful.
If you just need a quick base for the night, like us it was fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The state park across the street doesn't allow extra vehicles without a fee of $7, so the KOA was so kind to let us park our extra vehicle at their parking lot. Also, they have remodeled and the store area is beautiful. I recommend this facility for a great time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA? Share your experiences!