“Notice to Beware”

The South Jetty Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammond
The South Jetty Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hammond B&B and Inns
Portland
“Notice to Beware”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I'm currently writing this review from their "1 bar" wireless signal, albeit free, but it damn well should be!

At $100 a night, this place is not something I could recommend to the would-be traveler. It's noisy as well; I think I woke up every time a vehicle came or went, and there doesn't seem to be enough insulation between the floors or ceilings to keep out much noise at all. I could nearly understand the conversation transpiring above and aside me.

Also a note on "nearly remodeled" ... which our room claimed to be - ALL the lightswitches and electrical outlets appear to still be circa 1970; in fact the fan in the bathroom required me to manipulate the switch so that it was stuck on in order to maintain operation. The fan itself was also ancient; A/V accommodations are fine if you have 20/20 vision (i.e. small tv's) ... microwave also broken. Looked like someone jammed the door button.

As for kudos, there are few outside of the fact that it was among few places with a vacancy and right next to Bouy9. Which is worth a look btw! Bouy9 had exceptional service and a great home-town atmosphere. Suprisingly good French dip and chowder as well. I'll give South Jetty one point, it had high water pressure! That's all I got...

Room Tip: Avoid the floor level at all cost.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2011

This is a cute Inn with a uniquely rustic look. The service was good, the rooms were clean, and good location. We were pleased with our experience and definitely will return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This place is a dump. They may have newly remodeled rooms, but my son and I sure
didn't get one. Dead insects, filthy carpet, dirty bathroom.I guess the people staying above us had hardwood floors, so at 6:30 am awakened to them walking on the floors with what sounded like tap shoes.
For all this I was charged $100. Even though they knew I was disgusted with my stay they still eagerly took my money with no apologies or rate reduction.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Kmaef

Travellers are raving about these Hammond hotels

West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I stayed at the South Jetty Inn and had a great experience. They are under new management and 1/2 the rooms are remodeled into a very cozy cabin type of room with each one having their own personality to it. The new owner gave me a tour of each of the rooms to choose from, I would defiantly get a remodeled room. They do have free wifi. The new manager was very friendly and my room was clean and cozy.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cjm012
Portland, OR
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Our room stunk both from cigarettes and from the black mold growing on the ceiling in the bathroom. of course, we found this place in a pouring rainstorm when everything-else for 20 miles was booked and we were dead-tired. The room was so filthy we didn't want to open our suitcases for fear of the stench getting into our clothes. . . then the noise started. . . turns-out the place is a transient hotel more than for travelers and at 2 am they came home, drunk, load, yelling. . . then they woke-up the dog upstairs, who then barked for the rest of the night. As soon as it was light we tried to complain to the manager, ot anyone really, but the office was locked and no-one responded when we called. We were glad to get out of this place in one piece. IT STUNK!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PDXtraveller707
Oregon
Reviewed 16 May 2010

$74 per night for a king bed room. Renovated in the last few years but the good looks are only surface deep. The king mattress was uncomfortable and very squeaky. The advertised WIFI was not working on the day we stayed there and the manager did not inform us until I we had already paid for the room and I asked if a password was needed to gain access. We could hear the water flowing in adjoining rooms and the heater consisted of a very small and noisy wall unit. For just $20 more we could of stayed in a much nicer place closer to the water. We won’t be staying here again and I wouldn’t recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayesworld
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Astoria Riverwalk Inn
Cannery Pier Hotel
Cannery Pier Hotel
#1 of 14 in Astoria
Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria

Been to The South Jetty Inn? Share your experiences!