“Average and overpriced”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hermiston
Philippines
“Average and overpriced”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I might not stay here again except that the others with this chain in this area are in worse condition and old. The only thing that sets this apart is convenience (close to the interstate) and indoor pool/hot tub, which matters to me. But spending $30 more than the other places hurts when I have to put up with the negatives.

The main negative was how UN-helpful the front desk was. I have a frequent user card with Choice Hotels. So normally when I ask to stay an hour late, they say no problem. This time, the front desk lady said probably not but she would ask the room service manager when she arrived.

The room was just average. Trucks sat outside the window idling all night long. The shower head was only partly functional. The floor of the bathtub was slippery.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Jackie S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Hermiston, responded to this review, 1 July 2014

The Staff of Hermiston Comfort Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ontario, Oregon
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotel is right off the I-84 interstate next to a gas station. The room was pleasant, spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. I like the full size tub in the room. The trucks parked next door were not noisy nor was the traffic. Did hear people shutting doors but for the most part it was quite. Husband loved the pool and hot tub. The price was fairly reasonable. Do not know how breakfast is since I have to leave before it is served. Yes, I would stay again.

Room Tip: We slept on the side closest to the gas station, on the end downstairs.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I've generally been pleased with every Comfort Inn I've stayed in and this was no exception. Comfortable, spacious and clean room, friendly staff and a decent breakfast (if you omit the artificial scrambled eggs). In this case though, there is a kicker. The hotel is right across the highway from a large confined feeding operation that substantially assaults the olfactory system. In practice, what this means is you don't dare open the window to your room and hence the air conditioner runs all night which detracts from the peace and quiet. Also, the hotel is five miles out in the country, away from anything resembling a decent restaurant. Handy to the highway though if you're just staying the night and motoring on.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed overnight after two day business in Ontario - driving back to Portland on the way home - we stopped by in to sleep. Mattress was horrible - couldn't sleep all night at all! Food was not that great. Not recommendation unless they need to replace mattress and to improve the quality of breakfast meal.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank teresa9093

La Grande, Oregon
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I've stayed here several times. Close to the freeway and handy. But... the disadvantages outweigh proximity. 1) fitness room is poorly outfitted and overheated. The squeaky treadmill is an inconvenience, but the fact that no one ever seems to know how to turn down the thermostat is a problem. 1a) no safe place to go for a walk. 2) No decent coffee nearby. 3) last time I stayed there, I checked in early and the desk clerk put me in a first floor room next to the elevator and next to the trucks rolling by behind. The rumbling was disturbing.

I'm a Choice Hotels member, and several times the staff have given me a nicer room. That's part of the reason I kept staying here. Now, it's the Oxford Suites when I stay in Hermiston. Less convenient to the freeway, but nicer with more amenities.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kath541

The Staff of Hermiston Comfort Inn & Suites

Travellers are raving about these Hermiston hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We ended up stranded without lodging on a Saturday night, making a long drive froma wedding in Ontario, with 3 very hungry, very tired children - all because when we called to confirm our reservations for 2 adjoining rooms the hostes rudely argued that "whoever made these reservations messed them up" and insisted we booked 2 separate smoking King suites 3 doors down one from another! I have printed confrimation by hotels.com, that very clearly states they booked just what we requested: a king and an adjoining 2 queens. No one messed up. But there was a baseball tournament in town - you think maybe thats the reason our rooms suddenly weren't available? Now I just want to know if this is something the management of this establishment oversaw and appoved, or did someone get a nice tip for giving away our rooms. 54 miles extra round trip, cancelled plans and gas money - thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Whitehall, Montana
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were disappointed with the quality of this Comfort Inn. The motel smelled very strong of chlorine from the pool. The entrance to the motel was difficult to find since it was connected to the neighboring gas station. We were happy that there was a automatic front door that was very convenient when hauling luggage. There was no one at the front desk but there was a bell to ring bringing our arrival to their attention. The room appeared to be clean but after setting down we could see a dust filled area in the gap between the refridgerator and the wall. It probably would have gone unnoticed if there hadn't been the large gap. I am a hair freak so over course I found some in the bathroom. Always a gross out for me.... The bathroom sink was separated from the shower/toilet area which was nice...if hadn't been no more than 3' wide. There was no room for any of our supplies. Very cramped!!! I was so excited to see that they had DirecTV since we have this at home and I am very familiar with the system...WRONG! We couldn't get one channel on it and had to contact the desk to send up housekeeping to educate us on their unique DirecTV system. For anyone that has this system would assume that the guide button on the controller would show you the viewing lineup...NOPE! Couldn't even scroll thru the channels. Had to have the printed channel sheet they provided and punch in each channel number. We went to the desk to ask for a recommendation for a great place to eat. The attendant quickly pulled a sheet out from under the counter and with the address to a suggestion...she failed to explain that this restaurant was on a street the was closed down for their county fair. The town was so full and difficult to drive thru. We stopped at the first restaurant we could get parked into and turned out to be quite good. The bed was TERRIBLE!!! I can usually sleep on most any bed but this was so hard... The thermostat was unsure if it wanted us to be hot or cold so it corrected itself every few minutes...first we were throwing bedding off and minutes later we were grabbing for them. To finish off our stay, we had to wait until 7am to enter the breakfast area...they must not have many people that make an early start in the morning. We waited about 15 minutes for them to open...should have just left...I don't think I have seen the plastic looking eggs that they had. I don't usually pass up a free meal but I did this time. Sure hope the management of this Inn gets a chance to read this...

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

The Staff of Hermiston Comfort Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermiston
Oxford Suites Hermiston
#1 of 2 in Boardman
Quality Inn Umatilla
Quality Inn Umatilla
#2 of 3 in Umatilla

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Hermiston? Share your experiences!