“Very average, but adequate”

Comfort Inn & Suites Hermiston
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hermiston
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is a typical Comfort property. An associate and I spent three nights here while in Hermiston on business. The hotel was fully booked the entire time and the lone desk clerk was hard presssed to accommodate the flow in the lobby. The breakfast was very basic and there was sometimes a lag in re-stocking the items. Given the lack of choice in the area, I would return if the reportedly better Oxford Suites was booked up.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 167Traveler
Jackie S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Hermiston, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The location is right off 84, but there isn't much around other than a gas station, lots of trucks in the back parking lot, some factories and horses. I drove about ten minutes into town and there was lots of chain food and grocery stores.

The kids liked the pool, but it was freezing. The front desk person was very kind. The room was good and clean. The breakfast was standard and had the warm waffles. Overall, I would stay there again. I wish it was a little cheaper, but it at least was a solid good experience.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 12 February 2013

This Hotel has the most helpful and courteous staff. They were very professional and courteous to my family and I. I will stay with this hotel everytime I am at Hermiston Oregon. The pool and breakfast were fantastic. Thank you Comfort Inn & Suites......

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I actually work across the street at the power plant now but not that long ago I was staying here interviewing for a position there. The place is nice, breakfast was good and my experience was what I have come to expect in an average motel. The closest food is a fast food chain resturant across the driveway but for better food ,you'll have to travel into Hermiston. ( Check my reviews)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 January 2013

On the original check in we were told we could not have a late check out which I usually can set up when staying at other chains, example Marriott Courtyard who will let you say until 3 as a member. I am a Choice member and was told that because there were only 5 guests that the maids would be leaving early so the latest we could leave was 12:30. I appreciated the young lady at the desk working with me on this and she was very polite. The next day I had to leave the hotel early for work and when I finished working I stopped by the hotel to use the restroom before starting on my 5 hour journey home and was stopped and questioned by another lady about being a guest. I explained that I had been a guest the previous night and had just finished working and she told me that she would allow me to use the restroom this one time, her words not mine, to which I declined her condensending offer. The hotel was empty at the time so there was no chance that I might interfere with others staying at the hotel. I travel for work regularly as a business professional and will leave the Choice hotels off my list of places to stay. I had no other problems with the hotel but the level of customer service is the most important part to me and treating someone who has been a guest at your hotel in this way is unacceptable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Front facing rooms have a view of a plant belching smoke. Rear facing rooms face a huge parking lot of 18 wheelers warming up or cooling off. The staff acts like prison guards. Couldn't accommodate a late checkout in a near empty hotel. We have business traveled fro 20+ years. Never again at this place.

Room Tip: Stay in your car.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rod K

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I might not stay here again except that the others with this chain in this area are in worse condition and old. The only thing that sets this apart is convenience (close to the interstate) and indoor pool/hot tub, which matters to me. But spending $30 more than the other places hurts when I have to put up with the negatives.

The main negative was how UN-helpful the front desk was. I have a frequent user card with Choice Hotels. So normally when I ask to stay an hour late, they say no problem. This time, the front desk lady said probably not but she would ask the room service manager when she arrived.

The room was just average. Trucks sat outside the window idling all night long. The shower head was only partly functional. The floor of the bathtub was slippery.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

The Staff of Hermiston Comfort Inn & Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermiston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hermiston Downtown
#4 of 7 in Hermiston
Motel 6 Hermiston
Motel 6 Hermiston
#7 of 7 in Hermiston

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Hermiston? Share your experiences!