“Great Hotel”

TownePlace Suites Portland Hillsboro
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I think I should start by saying that I would highly recommend this hotel, and I would return to TownePlace Suites as my stay overall was massively enjoyable and as an all-round experience it was superb. The rooms were well appointed, very comfortable bed and surroundings. Shower very good in the bathroom and always plenty of clean soft towels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ed E

Reviewed 7 October 2013

As a platinum Marriott member, I have to admit this hotel is less than desireable. Furthermore, with my corporate discount, my company was still charged $215/night which isn't unreasonable for a nice room, but not for the quality of this hotel. It is SO incredibly outdated, it's laughable. One of my favorite parts was the fact that we had a bottom floor room and could hear every single step of the people above us. Not to mention, at 6:00am a ROARING sound went off in our bathroom which sounded like a generator running. No idea what it was or why. The staff was super friendly, which was a plus. The breakfast was non-existent. One of the front desk reps was raving about the diversity in their choices, but it left one wanting for more, without question. If you're used to something like the quality of a Springhill Suites (which is just around the corner and substantially more updated), I'd suggest to go elsewhere. We chose this location for the "full kitchen" and were really disappointed. Also, the beds were HORRIFIC! I'm 28 years old and woke up with back and neck pain from the awful condition of the mattress and the flat pillows that were far too soft. I can assure you, we will not be returning to this hotel for any reason in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
lsibert, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Portland Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to read that your stay was less than perfect for you and I want you to know we will take your comments to heart to address your issues. I also want you to know that our property is scheduled for a renovation at the beginning of 2014 which will further take care of our "dated" looking hotel. I don't have all the new specifications yet but I know what Marriott has planned for TownePlace Suites and I am sure that the place will be looking spectacular and new again after we are through. I do hope you will come back and give us another try.

As for the breakfast, what in particular would you like to see? We are happy to try guests' suggestions if it is something we can produce in our small kitchen and we appreciate being given the opportunity to appeal to as many tastes as possible.

Finally thank you for the kind words about the staff. We pride ourselves on offering high quality Marriott guest service and I'm happy that we hit our mark for you.

Thank you again for your time and please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if there is more that you would like to discuss.

Best Regards,

Liz

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Clean, and quiet.
A little off the beaten path, but worth it for some peace and quiet.
The suites are small but for a night, it more than did the job. The beds are a bit firm, but if you like that you will be pleased.
We missed breakfast because it ends so early, that would be my biggest let down.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had an unused Marriott Rewards certificate due to expire in two days. Rather than let it go to waste, decided to take a brief getaway with my sister. Our priority was a nice outdoor pool. Looked at all the photos of Marriott pools within a 50 mile radius and picked the TownePlace Suites as our #1 choice. The pool..and the hotel..exceeded our expectations. Brand new outdoor furniture lined the sparkling pool and hot tub, which was surrounded by large, lovely trees. Bliss!
Our studio suite was comfortable, too. The queen bed was great, the sofa bed was decent and we liked the large desk with comfortable chair. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Although we were only gone overnight and were a half hour from home, we enjoyed the whole experience and came home relaxed and refreshed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

It was clean, but small. Certainly no resort or vacation spot. Not even business travel place. More of a clean motel feel than anything else. Restaurants nearby are an option. Safe area. Better choices than this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GateHall
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This place is very lovely and giving guest warmth feelings. The suite is basic and simple but gave all I need. The receptionist is very friendly and efficient.
There is Winco , Walgreen and few restaurants nearby and very convenience. It is just 5 mins walking distance.
Overall I think it worth the value.

Room Tip: Suite nearby Cornell main street pretty noisy. So please try stay away from this block.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jiajiabinks
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This hotel is definitely worth a stop if ever you find yourself looking for a value for money place in the area.
The suites are basic but comfortable, and very clean. The decor is a bit tired and dated and could do with some modernisation. The staff, both reception and service are very friendly and attentive. They will willingly go out if their way to see to your every need.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
lsibert, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Portland Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Hello,

Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our TownePlace Suites by Marriott. We all appreciate guest's taking the time to comment on our property and we value any and all feedback. I will be sure to pass along your review to the rest of the staff. I know they will be pleased that they were able to make a positive difference to your stay.

Kind regards,