“Pleasant hotel”

Courtyard Portland Hillsboro
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Another Softball tourney brought us to Hillsboro and this fine hotel gave us a great group rate. I like hotels off the beaten path. It was tucked away but not too far from Freeway. I like that it had a park like atmosphere and my first impression clean and well landscaped. The room was on the small side but had a nice balcony as a trade off for a warm summer night. The room was clean and smelled good, beds comfortable. We had a hide a bed for our daughter and there were no linens in the room so had to call for those--took about 1/2 hour but not a problem for us. The TV was a bit awkward as it's not straight across from the bed, it sits to the side. We didn't eat the breakfast or use the pool or weight room this trip. The front desk staff was impressive--so friendly, polite and accommodating they get an A+++. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed here for over a week. I've been here before and keep coming back to this place when I need to be in this area. The staff is really friendly and it's just a good place to come back to after business. The rooms are clean, and big enough. It's not a fancy hotel but good enough enought to feel comfortable when you are travelling. There's a good restaurant (stanfords) nearby and a few other shops if you need it. All in all I will be back - and I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not next to the elevator, if you are a light sleeper it can wake you up.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is a standout in the category standard business class hotel. I have always found the staff here to be flawlessly attentive, courteous, and helpful. I am a loyal repeat customer. The breakfast selections are as delicious as you can get in this price range and the staff is FAST.

Most importantly, I find the beds extremely comfortable, and so I get a great night's sleep. Also I am able to leave a window slightly cracked open for fresh air all night long -- instead of relying on the heating/airconditioning unit which is, like all such units that are mounted in the exterior wall in a hotel of this category, a bit more noisy than I would like.

The hotel exterior is wonderfully free of those horrible and way too bright flood lights that many hotels plague their guests with so as to make sure everyone within miles around can see the hotel, for advertising purposes.

I do find the listed hotel rates a bit excessive for the category of hotel, however, there is a lack of acceptable hotels in this area so there you have it, capitalism at its finest. If your trip is being paid for by the company, and if you have a corporate rate, then this is your best choice.

1  Thank DolphinD
Reviewed 24 June 2013

A nice, conventional hotel. Provides everything expected from business class hotel. Stayed there for 2 weeks. The room was always clean and so the bathroom.
It was in November, so never used a pool.
The gym is just few treadmills and barbells.
Very nice inner garden, had seen it in all the beauty of fall.
I wasn't dining there, just taking the morning coffee, so can't give an opinion about their restaurant.

Very slow WiFi internet.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Have stayed there for a couple of times and will keep coming back next time in town… the first time I stayed here was in 2009, just came back in 2013, they recently upgraded the front desk and cafeteria area (and maybe the rooms too).

As a light sleeper I am, I love this place, it has different kinds of pillows for you to choose from in your bed. Room is very clean and staff is very friendly. I had a lot of packages coming in and there was not an issue with any of them; they also have a scale at the front desk in case you want to check if your luggage is overweight when going to the airport.

Breakfast is not complimentary though.

Indoor pool & Jacuzzi are also very clean and nice

Room Tip: I normally try to select a room on the first floor to be close to the pool and do some laps
Reviewed 10 June 2013

First of all, I did not pick this place, my company did. The room itself was a typical business stay type of heotel. The lobby and common areas and my room were clean enough, but there were issues.

1) First night I took a shower and the tub wouldn't drain. I was standing in water up to my ankles, and it wasn't even a long shower (5 - 10 minutes max).
2) When I checked in, I asked for a taxi to pick me up @ 7:30 the next morning for a business meeting (I had no car). Taxi never showed. At 7:35 I went to the front desk and they said they had called one. Luckily, the day manager was there and offered to take me in the shuttle. We left ~ 7:45 - still no taxi. The manager was also nice enough to give me her card and told me to call when I needed a ride back. I did and the shuttle came to pick me up. I will give them credit for that, otherwise, I would give them the lowest rating possible.
3) I had asked for breakfast to be sent up to my room that same morning @ 6:30. By 6:40 - no breakfast - I did tell them I had an important meeting to attend and could not be late. I ordered a yogurt parfait - they didn't even have to cook it! When I called to find out where my breakfast was, I was told "We have your order, but they didn't write down the time." I had specifically given them the time because of my meeting! It was brought up within 5 minutes and the delivery girl was extremely apologetic. Couldn't they have called me if they weren't sure of the time?
When I returned from my meeting, the manager gave me a bottle of water and a note apologizing, plus a voucher for a free breakfast or dinner. Nice gesture, I will give her credit for that. However, I was leaving so early the next day, no chance for breakfast, so I ate a mediocre dinner there that night because I was too tired to do anything else.
4) I decided to use the jacuzzi for 15 minites after all the stress of the day. I set it for 20 minutes and was watching the clock on the opposite wall. 15 minutes went by and the timer was stuck at 15, so it only counted down 5 minutes.
I reported it and the standing water in my tub to the front desk because they were safety issues.
5) The walls were so thin, i could hear they guy upstairs walking around and using the bathroom at night. Lovely.

These people need to iron out all of their service issues and do a better job of maintaining the property. It looks OK in the common areas, but you don't know what you'll end up with in your room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Brenda A, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your comments on your stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than perfect. We strive to have a modern, clean, and well maintained hotel and I regret that you experienced issues with the shower drain and spa. While the hotel cannot be responsible for the timeliness of the taxi company we strive to recommend and utilize reputable outside services that have a good track record. I’m glad that our Front Office Manager jumped at the chance to take you since the taxi was late. I am sorry for the multiple issues you encountered and will use your feedback as a valuable training tool for my team.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is a nice, conventional Courtyard property. It is clean, updated and staff is friendly. Nothing exceptionally different than other similar well managed and maintained properties. The real down side was the price. Wow, what a shocker! $175/night for a local drop-in. If it had not have been so late we would have found something with a better price/value ratio. I'm more than willing to pay $200/night for a full service hotel. For a roadside business motel that isn't booked up? Please! To add injury to price insult there is not complimentary coffee or light breakfast items (fruit/juice) either. Everything has a price and this hotel is willing to charge dearly for it.

Down to brass tacks, would I stay here again? Yes, but with one caveat; deal for a discount or have someone else pay for it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business