“Nice lobby but dated rooms.”

Courtyard Portland Hillsboro
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The lobby is very nice and had been updated to the new Courtyard vibe with the bar and cafe area. Staff was very nice. I thought the rooms were a bit dated but the WIFI worked and it was comfortable enough. I was only here for 2 nights.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor helps with noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Brenda A, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

We are glad you chose to stay with us and appreciate the feedback! Our rooms were renovated the same time as the lobby but you are right, they are not as modern as the lobby design. I am glad you were comfortable and able to be productive here. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was in Portland for a couple of days for work; I stayed here because that is usually where other employees stay and they like it; very friendly staff, nice room, clean. I didn't utilize the little "bistro" they have on site, but it looked very inviting. Nice, well kept grounds. This hotel offers free shuttle service to my place of business and I reserved a ride for the time I was there; I was always alittle early and Anne, my shuttle driver, was always there waiting for me. She is a very nice and friendly person and we always had great conversations on my way to work. You can tell she likes her job even though she is retired. And it looks like I might be going back there for work before the end of the year so I will stay here again and hopefully eat at the bistro, use the workout room and pool and see some friendly faces.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. I will be sure to convey your comments to Anne and am happy to hear you were treated well during your stay. Customer satisfaction is the cornerstone of our business and I am fortunate to work with a great team of employees. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is perfect for the business traveler. A clean and spacious room with a balcony was complemented by a comfortable chair, a comfortable sofa, a sturdy desk on wheels, several convenient outlets for charging electronics, and free parking close to the building. The hotel has its own restaurant/bar (Did not visit.), and several other eateries and stores are located within a short walking distance. The front desk staff was very accommodating with an early check-in and sending me a detailed bill after my stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August. We are very satisfied with this stay.
Rooms are good size and clean. Pool is nice. Service was excellent . Location is excellent, very close to a lot of shopping locations.
The only downside is that the breakfast is not complimentary.
Pro: clean,quiet.
Con: no free breakfast.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shudong G
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed for four nights on business. My impressions:

Excellent staff. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, all staff were outgoing, courteous and helpful. I interacted with the front desk, the Bistro, and shuttle staff. On that note, the shuttle was very helpful and was one of my criteria in choosing this hotel.

- The hotel seems to be up-to-date. The main lobby has an IKEA-esque feeling. Well lit and lots of modern furniture.

- My room was fine. Bed was comfortable. I found the air conditioner quite noisy and so I slept with earplugs. I also had some mild allergies in the room, though I'm pretty sensitive to that stuff so probably not a big deal. The other problem I had was that I could hear the guy next door talking on the phone. Loudly. I guess the walls are a bit thin so bring your earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

- Amenities: Bistro is nice for breakfast or a light dinner. The pool is small but welcome after a long day at the office. Hot tub is a nice touch. Internet worked flawlessly for VPN and calling home.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Brenda A, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very grateful to hear the good comments you have about our staff service. I also appreciate your insight about the internet service as we upgraded earlier this year and it's reassuring to hear something positive in this regard. Hope to see you next time!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were looking for a comfortable, quiet hotel with a hot tub for the weekend of our half marathon. When I checked in, the staff was very courteous and accommodating, even asking if I had a room preference. They gave us a quiet room on the third floor. The room was nice, and we had a little balcony overlooking the courtyard. We enjoyed that, even though the weather wasn't great.

Pros: Clean, quiet, helpful and friendly staff, hot tub and pool

Cons: It was a little hard to find. There is a small sign at the four-way stop that just says Courtyard, but doesn't point in a direction. In the dark I did a little driving around before I found it. GPS only got me in the general vicinity.

It's a nice, quality hotel, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the review and feedback. I hope you had a great run in the half!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and I had stayed here once before after getting it on Priceline. Updated hotel with a very nice lobby and a very nice staff. It looks to be primarily a business person's hotel but I'd recommend it to just about anyone in the area. Close to restaurants, shopping, churches and the freeway. Worth the price for sure. Give it a shot!

Room Tip: Both rooms we've had have been nice. You can either face the courtyard or the parking lot. We...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple