“Best clean, fresh food!”

Vivi's Vietnamese Noodle House
Ranked #3 of 278 Restaurants in Hillsboro
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Best clean, fresh food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Vivi's is my family's favorite restaurant because the dishes taste great, very fresh, and consistently the same high quality. My husband and children order the Pho' and claims it is the best around town. I usually order the Vermicelli Bowl with grilled pork or beef. The meat is always tender and never over cooked, greasy or fatty. The Vermicelli bowl is kind of a misnomer because it is filled with fresh cut vegetables as well as the noodles and meat. I believe the vegetables are not chopped until the order for the dish is put in, so that is why they are always crisp, fresh, and clean. My son loves the Hủ Tiếu Mỹ Tho - My Tho Noodle Soup. It has shrimp, sliced chicken breast, cuttlefish, chicken and shrimp balls and fills up his "always empty" 12 year old stomach.
With regards to some of the other comments below, we usually go for dinner either early or later, but have never had to wait longer than 10 min. during their busy time. We have eaten there once or twice a month for several years. The owner and staff are always friendly and attentive to our needs. Prices are reasonable with $8 for the Pho' and it is a large bowl. It's not on the menu, but you can order a smaller bowl which we did do when our children were younger. Now they can devour the entire large bowl.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank ntgray

NCal
“Give it a try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I love Pho so decided to give ViVi a try. Fortunately it was not as crowded as I expected this small restaurant to be. I ordered the Pho Bo (rare flank) which was very good and probably about as authentic as you can get. There is an option to order more meat which is probably needed to bring up to the amount typically served in the US. I had to ask for more basil. definitely worth giving this place a try if you like 'home cooked style Vietnamese food and particularly soup.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank UKNickUS
Portland, Oregon
“great fresh pho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

everything here is really amazing. the place does fill up fast for lunch so get there early. it is also very noisy to be prepared to shout.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Steve A
“Awesome place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

As always on the non stop business trips I use tripadvisor to find a place to eat. This one was a real score.
Small free standing building _behind_ the plaza. There is about 10 tables inside and pergola for a big party outside. Tasteful designed interior, theme driven landscaping, clean and well lit, not stinky, not sticky, menu is explanatory.

The portion was just the right size for lunch, not huge to put you to sleep, not too little to leave you hungry midday.

It opens 11am and I was lucky I decided to take the lunch early being the first at the door. At 11:30 all tables were taken. Parking lot is small but I noticed the sign guiding you to additional parking at barber's shop would you need it.

Food was very good. I ate vietnamese food just few times and this one was very good. I have to admit that the recipe seem to be adjusted to fit average American taste better foe wider audience. They did very good here though.

It was not hot spicy at all, but very flavorful. If you like hot, like I do, there is two home made sauces on the table to fire it up a little.

I sure will get back there for more. My noodles bowl and tea ringed up 11$ at lunchtime.

• Visited September 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great little restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Vivi's was a great place to eat. Great atmosphere, awesome food and superior service! I had never eaten Vietnamese food before and was very impressed!! I will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2013