“Lunch visit”

Add it.
On the Border
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I took my girls here for a lunch date after receiving an email advertising free nachos for Cantina club members. The service was fast and friendly and the avocado fries are to die for!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I usually like this chain but this restaurant was terrible!

My husband & I stopped for a late lunch on friday around 1:30p and, although we were seated right away, the server was one of slowest and inattentive I've ever encountered. Funny thing was there were no other patrons that we could see. Maybe we should have taken that as a sign.

Not sure what he was so busy doing but he seemed too busy for us. When he first asked what we'd like to drink, we said water and something on tap as we were looking at the list of beers. Before we could order he said he'd get waters and disappeared. There were only half a dozen beers on tap and he couldn't wait 30 seconds for us to chose? Once he brought the beers, he was gone a long time before we were able to get our food order taken.

The food finally came and it was way below par. I'm basing it off of my previous experiences at other On the Border locations. I didn't even finish it since it was so bad. Had I not been so hungry I might have skipped it completely after tasting it.

I would skip this one for sure. Across the street is a fast food chain Del Taco - I'd go there.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Have been to on the border a few times in the last two months the food is always good and the staff are really friendly good value for money good menu if you like Mexican I would give it a go, plenty of parking and seating outside

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Great food, service. Lots of smaller appy's. Easy parking with W/C access. The margarita's are yummy with lots of lime flavour. We enjoyed the Mexican sampler which is enough for two people.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Over the past few years I have found myself at On the Border in a few different cities in the US. A couple of weeks ago I frequented the location in Hillsboro, Oregon. I believe this is the last time I try On the Border. I have not been impressed on any visit at any location. The chips and salsa are good as well as the sopatilla dessert......everything else was fair. I didn't care for the taste of the ground beef in the tacos, or the beans, or the rice and I found the chicken flauta to be skinny, tasteless and dried up/overcooked. Maybe there are other items they specialize in, but I believe after 3 times at this chain, I'm done giving them a shot.

2  Thank CODEBUZZ