“Wonderful honeymoon tour!”

A Nose For Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Hillsboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Private educational wine tours.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I visited Willamette Valley for a day/night on our honeymoon trip in October. I had researched Fred for several months and was very excited to experience our winery tour day. It was wonderful! We were picked up at our B&B in McMinnville and had a private transfer to all of our wineries. We visited 4 wineries. He had a packet made just for us with detailed information about wine tasting that was very helpful. I felt as though our tour day was specified to us and our interests. He had a cheese, cracker and meat tray at 3 of the wineries for us to snack on while tasting. Soooo yummy! By the end of our tour we had collected a case of wines to take home with us. Fred packed our wines appropriately for checking at the airport. All of our wines arrived home safely!

We loved our tour with A Nose for Wine and had the most delightful time. What a way to celebrate our honeymoon! Thank you Fred!

All reviews
"off the beaten path"
"pinot noir"
"local deli"
in 2 reviews
"can't wait to visit again"
"unique experience"
"boutique"
"drinkers"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I took my second wine tour with Marie, this time bringing my daughter, daughter-in-law and her mother along, and it was just as nice as the first one! She is so informative, very accommodating, and brings great snacks along to pair with the wines. She made recommendations for dinner, and even made our reservations for two nights. I would definitely take her tour any time I visit the Oregon wine country in the future!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We already knew that we loved Oregon Pinots, but we had yet to learn how much we were going to fall in love with Miss Marie! Arranged in advance to celebrate my birthday, my husband and Marie planned a wonderful day of wine tasting for me and 5 family members! She was a highlight of our visit, with fun banter, intelligent input, and interesting wine and region facts. (My daughter wants to adopt her!) Like other reviewers, we were able to request certain vineyards, and she coordinated the tour to fit in our favorites. Oregon wine country is beautiful and we enjoyed it as much as, (do we dare say?), Napa. In fact, we've already made plans to come back next year and we will, most certainly, tour with Marie again!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband, cousins and I enjoyed a beautiful tour of Oregon wine country with Fred on 10/7/13. He picked us up at our hotel in a comfortable Honda Odyssey and as we traveled to the Willamette Valley, Fred shared so much interesting information about the area and its beloved pinot noir. We let Fred take us where he wanted and the four wineries we stopped at did not disappoint. Alexana Vineyards was our favorite .... they pulled out 07, 08, and 09 Pinot Noirs for us to taste ... that was after we had already tasted 5 other wines. :) All wineries were beautiful inside and out. Fred provided the most delicious cheese platters for us to taste with the wines ... some really unique cheeses I had never heard of before. The appetizers were tasty and enough to keep us going throughout the day. Fred has a wonderful personality, shares his vast knowledge of wine with humor and it's obvious he is highly respected in the wine community. Thanks for an amazing day!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had a terrific day with Marie visiting wineries, tasting wine, learning about the industry in Oregon, and getting a sense of the wine community. In advance of our trip we provided Marie with names of some of the wineries we were interested in, and she put together a trip that included some of those as well as others she thought we would enjoy. Apart from just being a lovely person to spend the day with, Marie was steeped in local knowledge, and was able to guide us through our various tastings with good humor and plenty of interesting information. (We ran into Fred at one of the vineyards, so had a chance to chat with him as well). We had the opportunity to taste a few wines not on the tasting menus, as well as get a behind the scenes look at wine making operations. We also appreciated the 'munch as you go' plan of having platters of cheese, crackers, nuts, and fruit available instead of stopping for a lunch along the way -- if you are interested in not just tasting wine, but understanding how the winery business works in Oregon, and getting a flavor for the community, you can't go wrong with Fred and Marie.