Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
All reviewssmelled stronglyinstant oatmealhandicap accessible roomgrab and gowhole foods storehome baseroom was spaciousfull kitchenhotel chaintwo monthsa great place to staystores and restaurantslots of parkinggreat propertywould stay here againeasy accesschecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I had not stayed at an extended stay for some time and the price plus location made for an easy decision as I was in Hillsboro for a 3 day stay. I had read many of the reviews and I was actually pleasantly surprised with a really nice stay.

The location is really good as there is a Whole Foods directly across the street, a Starbucks across the parking lot and a PF Changs a 3 minute walk , all of which I tried during my stay and the location did turn out to be a success.

It was an easy 30 minute trip from PDX and the GPS was right on. Coming from the Hillsboro area the last 2 nights , I pulled a U turn rather than follow the directions @ the block. Check-in was actually great, the girl was really nice and I was a bit surprised that shampoo is an option but she was willing to give me as much as possible. Nice size room, I liked that the bathroom, kitchen/livingand bedroom were in an L shape as it provided several spaces to relax at night. It was clean but a little worn, the bed was comfortable but the sheets a mite thin, the internet was free and certainly good enough for my high demands on it.

Shower was hot in the morn, the breakfast was well laid out but not as plentiful as other places and they really should upgrade those styrofoam cups as it just seems cheap.

They printed out my boarding pass for me, gave me my bill the night before I was leaving at 4am and it was again a nice trip back to PDX. Very nice support from the front desk.

I never found out why this hotel was a "deluxe" ESA but aagin I did not ask. A good stay, a clean stay w/ nice people and it was successful w/o wanting elegance. A very good value.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MysticKid
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Cheap - they keep the cost down by having low frills. Only 1 coffee pack in kitchenette - ask for more. No personal hygiene products in the room - ask for them. Rooms only cleaned after 7 days stay - $10 if you want otherwise.

OK overall - room smelled like it had been left closed for days w/ the heat on. Had to leave windows open for 4hrs+ both nights to get it down to a tolerable state. 1/3rd of the power outlets didn't work, bedside light had burned out bulb. Coffee maker made half a cup and then dumped hot water out the side.

Continental breakfast was very basic - plain bagels in plastic wrap, 2 kinds of muffins in plastic wrap, cereal, bananas, coffee, OJ.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Pros: Free parking; Lots of shopping, supermarkets, restaurants, Starbucks, etc right outside; Broadband internet (included), full kitchen with pots, pans, utensils.
spacious; no daily room service, breakfast included/. Gym to stay fit

Cons: Slow broadband Internet (included), no daily room service, Gym, only 3 equipment (1 trade mill, 1 zone tranning and 1 cycling exercise)

Bad/Ugly: Very bad breakfast, only juice, nothing else is good quality, you won’t want to eat, So I did, I went outside for breakfast. Swimming pool was there but closed in March (Should have been open all year around, its a hotel for sake)

This was not my first choice as I wanted to stay in Marriott or Hilton Garden Hills

A very good value for money if money is the concern and not bad for staying overnight.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Noisy ,thin walls,barking dog and noisy kids after midnight. I wouldn't recommend this place if you want to sleep

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Mossthumb
Reviewed 20 September 2010

The good: no charge parking; lots of shopping, supermarkets, restaurants, Starbucks, etc right outside; great location for my purpose which was to see family in Beaverton area; internet only cost $5 for duration of stay (5 days); full kitchen with pots, pans, utensils.

The average: rooms spacious but bare; could be cleaner but it's older; daily continental breakfast (including weekends) which consisted of coffee, juice, muffins, bagels but NO cereal, toast, or any meat-like substances.

The bad: no daily room service. Must exchange towels with front desk in order to get new fresh towels.

Bottomline: I only paid $40 / night via priceline so I would stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family