Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$192
US$170
TownePlace Suites
US$232
US$226
SpringHill Suites
US$116
Larkspur Landing Hillsboro(Hillsboro)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$306
Residence Inn
US$102
US$154
Courtyard Portland Hillsboro(Hillsboro)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$209
The Orenco(Hillsboro)
US$163
All reviewssmelled stronglyinstant oatmealhandicap accessible roomgrab and gowhole foods storehome baseroom was spaciousfull kitchenhotel chaintwo monthsa great place to staystores and restaurantslots of parkinggreat propertywould stay here againeasy accesschecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Each and every room door leading to the hallway slams shut. So, as you can imagine, starting at 6am or so there is a constant slamming of doors as people leave. If you want sleep, past 6 am i don't recommend staying here. The front desk said they were considering installing "silencers" to help that.

The check in was tough as she kept answering the phone and solving those issues. Maybe understaffed? I was there at 7 pm.

Don't forget no maid service unless you pay a daily extra fee so hike your food trash out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Portland - Hillsboro - NW Cornell Rd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We are currently looking at a number of options in order to eliminate the disturbance that you mentioned. As well, our front desk staff is always available to help assist with any and all disturbances.

I do again want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable stay with a “home away from home” feeling. We will keep this information in mind as we move forward with upgrades to our property.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have stayed at the esd hissboro on and of for the last year. the entire staff managment to housekeeping is one of the best teames I have seen in a long time. hadar has been a great help with my out of the ordanary work related requst. the front desk staff ( jodi, kathy and sarah ) attened my bussness needs on a dailey basis with a smile. unfortunately I dont get to enjoy the breakfast on a regular basis but when I do it satifies my needs the housekeepers are freindly and helpfull. and do one of the hardest jobs I have seen. and do it well the maintance staff although i havent needed them much (thats the way its supposed to be) have beed great and helpfull

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Portland - Hillsboro - NW Cornell Rd.. There’s nothing better than seeing that we accomplished our goals. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will make sure to share your comments with my entire staff. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in North America. Please know that we are thrilled to have you again as our guest. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Really bad stay here.
Overall very rundown room with an unclean feel - marked by dirty, torn couch (like the bad dorm room couches), pizza box under the bed (can you believe it?), staff not willing to help (2 ladies hanging behind the counter when I am waiting and pointing to the one on phone that only she can check me out) ... only cereal & some apples for the much advertised breakfast.

And for $110/night?? If it were $ 40 a night, I may have excused everything else except the pizza box under the bed.
Seems to be me that that the place is ill managed almost like some corruption going on at some level for it to be so badly run/managed.
I would have moved out the first night itself, but was too tired. So moved out the second night.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Charu K

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Portland - Hillsboro - NW Cornell Rd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. It is routine to inspect underneath the beds to make sure that such items are not left behind. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. The customer service that we provide our guests is of the utmost importance. It is what separates us from the rest of the hotels in the area. We typically have only one front desk agent on staff. I do apologize for the confusion if other employees were in the front desk area. I will discuss this with staff as well to avoid any further confusion with guests. We strive to help all of our guests as quickly as possible. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

of our many visits we like this location the best. the friendly staff makes it worth it, from making your reservation and checking in and out.
And even while you're there they are available 24 -7
They lay out a nice morning breakfast for you to get you going for the day

Room Tip: we always prefer top floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Portland - Hillsboro - NW Cornell Rd. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best possible service. I will be certain to share your positive comments with them. We look forward to having you back again as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Room was clean and had a kitchenette as advertised. Loved the free parking, and free internet which was very fast. However, don't count on a real 'breakfast' here. They call it a 'grab and go' breakfast. When we came down to the breakfast room, all we found were oatmeal breakfast bars and hermetically sealed blueberry muffins. Oh, and there were a grand total of two apples for all the hotel guests to share. Plus coffee. Thanks, but no thanks. I was expecting a little more, but was told this is the normal free breakfast. Also, be sure to bring your own shampoo. This location is great but when the hotel advertises a free breakfast, it should be more than an oatmeal bar!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Portland - Hillsboro - NW Cornell Rd.. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry. We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar with “Grab N Go” breakfast. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly.