“Do NOT Stay Here! Disgusting, Dirty, Rundown.”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
“Do NOT Stay Here! Disgusting, Dirty, Rundown.”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Save yourself the trouble and the creepy crawly feeling that will inevitably keep you up all night. Do not book a room here. Imagine 1970's slum Motel. Torn up & stained furniture and carpet. Crappy cheap bed with old stained covers. Pulled down the sheets to see hair on sheet & black specs. Bed Bugs? I sure didn't want to stay any longer to find out. Toilet seat was dirty. Black hairs stuck into the hand towels and black hairs in bathroom & sink. Every place I looked I saw filth and stains. I do not know how they can pass any health or safety inspection. I had to leave. So Disgusting & Dirty.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank SteevesF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Malaysia
Reviewed 2 June 2013

It's like my 2nd home. I have no doubt that if i come to Oregon again- i will come back!
Few reasons:
1. easy access to my workplace.- 10 mins.
2. Easy access to variety of food.- walking distance.
3. Employees- very helpful. Smile always.
4. internet are doing good. i can always get connected to the source of info that i want.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Its great that our location was so close to your workplace and nearby many local eateries. As well, I am very happy that you found our staff to be helpful, always with a smile on their faces.

I truly hope that we will have an opportunity to have you at our Hotel again in the future. Thank you.
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The most crappy and unclean room. I'm not sure how these kind of hotels are doing business. We had to unfortunately stay there for 3 terrible days and the beds are filled with bedbugs and odd smell. We changed the room but found that all the rooms are pretty much same.. I suggest my friends who are considering to stay here to stay away and save yourself from the terrible experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SraTsk
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. My team's primary goal is to provide all of our guests with great, clean rooms at great rates; I am very sorry to hear we were unable to do this for you. In response, I have spoken with our housekeeping staff. We are working to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please contact me should you wish to speak further. We do hope that you will give us another chance to show you our redoubled efforts by staying at our hotel again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Hillsboro hotels

Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Our hotel check in was fast, easy, and very enjoyable. The rooms are extremely large with full kitchens and a lay z boy in front of the T.V. The staff made a fuss over our dog and couldn't have been more friendly.The hotel was a one block walk to Tannasbourne shops including Macey's and REI. A Whole Foods store across the street and many coffee shops close by. The free coffee and muffins in the lobby made for a easy get a way the next day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
I just wanted to thank you for staying with us. It's so great to see that we were able to accomplish our goal of making sure that our guests are happy. We are very happy that you found your room to be perfect for you and your dog.

Thank you once more for staying with us and also for the wonderful feedback. We look forward to your next visit.
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

A colleague booked us here on business. It was close to where we needed to be and had a cheap rate. It's heavily used by construction workers and smells like smoke even in the non smoking rooms. This isn't a place I would stay again unless I didn't have a choice.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Dave R
Shingle Springs, California, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Each and every room door leading to the hallway slams shut. So, as you can imagine, starting at 6am or so there is a constant slamming of doors as people leave. If you want sleep, past 6 am i don't recommend staying here. The front desk said they were considering installing "silencers" to help that.

The check in was tough as she kept answering the phone and solving those issues. Maybe understaffed? I was there at 7 pm.

Don't forget no maid service unless you pay a daily extra fee so hike your food trash out.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Portland - Hillsboro - NW Cornell Rd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We are currently looking at a number of options in order to eliminate the disturbance that you mentioned. As well, our front desk staff is always available to help assist with any and all disturbances.

I do again want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable stay with a “home away from home” feeling. We will keep this information in mind as we move forward with upgrades to our property.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have stayed at the esd hissboro on and of for the last year. the entire staff managment to housekeeping is one of the best teames I have seen in a long time. hadar has been a great help with my out of the ordanary work related requst. the front desk staff ( jodi, kathy and sarah ) attened my bussness needs on a dailey basis with a smile. unfortunately I dont get to enjoy the breakfast on a regular basis but when I do it satifies my needs the housekeepers are freindly and helpfull. and do one of the hardest jobs I have seen. and do it well the maintance staff although i havent needed them much (thats the way its supposed to be) have beed great and helpfull

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Portland - Hillsboro - NW Cornell Rd.. There’s nothing better than seeing that we accomplished our goals. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will make sure to share your comments with my entire staff. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in North America. Please know that we are thrilled to have you again as our guest. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsboro
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Holiday Inn - Hillsboro
Holiday Inn - Hillsboro
#6 of 19 in Hillsboro
SpringHill Suites Portland Hillsboro

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro? Share your experiences!