Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$192
SpringHill Suites
US$102
US$154
EmbassySuites.com
Larkspur Landing Hillsboro(Hillsboro)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$112
US$342
US$306
Residence Inn
US$153
Courtyard Portland Hillsboro(Hillsboro)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$209
US$145
US$137
The Orenco(Hillsboro)
US$163
All reviewsorenco stationhi expressfront deskspent one nightloud tvroom was cleanquick breakfastmax stationcheck in was smoothhotel is conveniently locatedfarmers marketeggs and sausagechecking outwifi connectionexcellent propertylarge tvbusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Check in was efficient and quick. Very well maintained property located close to the Max rail line(the short cut to the MAX line took us about a 3 min walk) and bus routes. Complimentary hot breakfast was excellent. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Linen/towels were changed daily on request. Wifi connectivity was good and complimentary. Staff were quick to respond to our requests (for roll-away bed, small comb, bottle opener etc), the lounge is well stocked with fruit, tea, coffee, cookies etc for the convenience of guests 24 hours a day. Free parking and plenty of eating places down the road. Provisions can be bought at the New Seasons Market located a few mins walk from the hotel. Saturday Farmers market one block away was a delight. All in all - a fantastic one weeks stay with family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am glad to see that not only did you enjoy all that our property has to offer, but also ventured out to nearby attractions and enjoyed what the city of Hillsboro has to offer.

Thank you for your business, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Regards,

Bhayrav Patel

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Three weeks ago I stayed in a different brand of hotel in another city. The bathtub faucet handle was hanging loose and basically unusable which made me wonder why they would give me a room with the faucet in that condition. This past weekend I stayed in this Holiday Inn Express. I check in my room and notice the bathroom faucet handle is on the bath counter. I walk down to the front desk to ask about getting this fixed half expecting them to blame me for breaking the faucet. However, they already knew it was broken and a part is on order. Why would they rent me a room with a broken faucet?

Other than that room was nicer than other HI Expresses I have stayed at. Breakfast was a little better than others. However, Sunday the same guy handling the desk was handling the food, and he did not have time to keep the food stocked and handle desk duties, so many food items were missing. How can one eat breakfast without bacon????

AC, which was needed, was too loud.

Staff was very friendly. Parking was good. Housekeeping was excellent, and the room was very clean.

I realize two stars is harsh for this nice of a hotel, but that faucet issue was not acceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a working bathroom faucet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ManagementPDXHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

On behalf of the entire hotel staff I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations, but more importantly not tending to the issue about the faucet handle in a timely manner. I was not aware of this particular issue and have spoken with all staff to ensure that I am notified of issues promptly.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused and have begun to address the communication breakdown so that we can prevent this from happening again in the future.

Regards,

Bhayrav Patel

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very nice new hotel...easy to find, easy to park, nice entrance and easy to check-in. The room was good, nice seating area in the room. AC unit was louder than it should be for a new hotel. The breakfast is the area that needs work...food was either old or not properly warmed up. Many items were missing or items not available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here at end of May and our room was even better than last years stay and still at an affordable price. They have a great continental breakfast and service is great and staff are friendly. They got rid of hot/pool but we are never there long enough to use it. Easy walk to farmers market. Only place we will stay in Hillsboro and Portland.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Morganseton
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thanks for your review, Morganseton! It is great to hear that you are enjoying the renovations! We are pleased to hear the great reviews we are getting from our guests regarding the room renovations, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here before and it was nice but it was typical Holiday Inn. Stayed again a few weeks ago and the rooms were remodeled. Very nice, well appointed and what a change. Felt like I was at a much more expensive hotel than a Holiday Inn. Front desk staff was great as always and the breakfast was yummy as well. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SlvrEagle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you Huarachon for your review. it is wonderful to hear of your stay. It is awesome that you like the renovations in the rooms. We at the hotel feel the changes are top notch. To coincide with the room changes we are upgrading breakfast itself. Presenting more options for guest. We look forward to future stays form you.