“same good experience”

SpringHill Suites Portland Hillsboro
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Reviewed 20 April 2014

again i am a returning guest, and i always like this springhill suites of hillsboro.

most of the time the staff are superb. Michael and Stephanie from front desk are as usual, nice and friendly. though they could not really recall my name, but they will always say "welcome back!" or "it's good to see you again". those will generate warm feeling for the guests that return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Pros: helpful staff, fast internet, easy food/grocery access, complimentary shuttle
Cons: far from anywhere I could imagine anyone wanting to go, and a mile from the metro stop

This area of Hillsboro is very residential, and without a car, you won't be getting very far from the hotel. Luckily, it's located directly adjacent to an outdoor shopping center with restaurants and stores- you don't even have to leave the parking lot.
Also luckily, the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle to basically anywhere within 5 miles, as long as you make a reservation in advance(or if the person with the reservation at that time happens to be going to the same location as you). This would have been great to know ahead of time, but it's not mentioned on the website. As such, we unfortunately had to walk the 20 minutes from the metro stop (which took us from Portland) to the hotel, in some moderate and very uncomfortable rain.
Otherwise, the front desk staff was very nice, and offered to hold our bags after check-out the next day while we had a meeting. There were always some sort of free snacks, like cookies, in the lobby. The rooms are spacious, though not exactly my idea of a suite. Marriott's elite members get, besides a room upgrade if available, the faster internet for free (all guests get the basic slower internet free).

Bottom Line: If you've got something to do in this area, this hotel is a definite solid option.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I were here in February for a week long house hunting trip. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location was perfect.The breakfasts were what you would expect for free. We had two big issues though. The first is that there was NO place to unpack and put our clothes. There were a small drawer on each night stand and a TINY drawer under the TV. This is supposed to be an extended stay hotel. When I stay somewhere for a week, I do not want to live out of a suitcase. The other issue was that someone had rewired a fire alarm and left wire pieces all over the room. We kept getting these in our feet. When we mentioned this (and took a few samples) to the desk, the clerk just shrugged.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevator
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Love2travelVT
KimOrtiz22, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the SpringHill Suites - Hillsboro. We appreciate your time and comments very much and I would love to discuss your experience if you would like to call or email me at shs.pdxhl.gm@marriott.com. I am so sorry that our service team failed in regards to the wiring particles found in your guest room and I would love to make this right for you. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kim Ortiz

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here for Valentines Day weekend in the Jacuzzi suite. The room was great. It had a mini fridge, coffee maker, nice sink area. The room had a couch and nice lounge area as well. But mainly we got it to relax in the jacuuzi. The Jacuzzi had a 15 min timer that you had to get out to turn back on which was sort of a pain. But other than that it was a great stay. The shower head was adjustable and put out a strong spray. I would stay here again.

The rest of the hotel we didn't really spend much time in but it seemed clean and nice. It was better than some of the Courtyard properties I have stayed at and about the same price. I could have easily paid 2X for a really nice place in downtown Portland, but we wanted something closer to home for just a quick and easy getaway. Having stayed here I am glad I didn't pay for the more expensive place downtown. This fit the bill nicely!

Room Tip: Note that if you want the Jacuzzi suite that it is only available on the bottom floor. This didn...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
KimOrtiz22, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to communicate yoru experience with our SpringHill Suites by Marriott - Hillsboro! I am very thankful that you chose our location and woudl love to help if you ever need accommodations in the future!

Kim Ortiz
SpringHill Suites by Marriott - Hillsboro
503-547-0202

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This place have a great location - for most things you can just walk. Rooms are well equipped and very clean. The staff is professional and very friendly. In-door pool is great and the breakfast is excellent!

Room Tip: There is some noise in the rooms facing the Cornell - but only for light sleepers. Try lower floors...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I would have rated this 'good' but tripadvisor had nothing between average and very good. I've stayed here many times in the past but this is the first time i'm writing a review ! I stayed for 2 nights in October - it's a good location to stay in Hillsboro, the breakfast is so-so - better than other places like larkspur that only offer cold breakfast but not as good as the hilton garden inn in Beaverton that has eggs to order etc. the rooms are really nice and spacious although i personally do not like the over-riding 'green' themed decor all over the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have always like springhill suite of hillsboro portland in my business travel. the staff are extremely supportive and friendly. one of the front desk, remember me vividly though i have not been in this hotel for several months, and my stay was very brief.

room is clean, tidy, breakfast was ok, cant complain.

i had a package delivered late and i had to check out to catch a flight. i asked a colleague to help collect the package on my behalf and front desk supported and handled this request very well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business