“Friendly front desk and Clean room!”

SpringHill Suites Portland Hillsboro
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Astoria, OR
“Friendly front desk and Clean room!”
Reviewed 31 July 2009

This hotel was recommended for a wedding group so we decided to stay here. Check in was great! The young lady at the front desk was very helpful and sweet.
The room was pretty clean except for some hairs in the bath tub. It was a HOT weekend so having the A/C was a plus. Didnt use the pool but it looked very nice. Housekeeping knocked on our door around 9am and then walked in while we were sleeping so that was kind of a bummer. Didnt expect that so early. Everything else was great!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Always clean and fresh, spacious room and great Hillsboro location

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank RestlessTourist
Aurora, CO (suburb of Denver)
Reviewed 14 September 2008

We were in the Portland area to attend a wedding, and this was the hotel recommended by the wedding party, plus TripAdvisor had good comments, so that's why we stayed here.

Suite size was the biggest complaint. We originally had a suite with a King bed, but it seemed tiny to me, almost claustrophobic. We switched to a room with two Queen beds, which was better, but the room still seemed small. We expected more of an Embassy Suites type room, but this suite was significantly smaller. It seemed designed to get the most features packed into the least amount of space.

There is a small living area with a pull-out couch, comfortable chair, and desk with chair where you can plug in your computer. There were also two small tables in front of the couch, which seemed more in the way than helpful, so we stashed them away. The TV is in between the living area and bedroom area, and can be swiveled to face the area you want to view it from. The bed nearest the window didn't have a very good view of the TV. There is a small wet bar area with refrigerator and microwave right in front of you as you enter the room. Vanity with sink was located separate from the toilet and tub, which was nice. Full-length mirror between the vanity and bathroom. Best place to put your empty suitcase is under the vanity sink. I put my clothes in the dresser under the TV, because there was no good place to put a suitcase and have access to clothes inside, except for on the couch. Small suite!

The breakfast was excellent! Hot food included eggs and sausage, and they had THREE make-your-own waffle machines, so you didn't have to wait. Lots of juice and beverage choices, pastries and muffins. My husband said their coffee was very poor, but everything else was fine. Breakfast room was relatively small but seemed to accommodate fairly well, with an overflow into a meeting area with a long conference table in an adjacent room. They provided bags if you wanted to pack your breakfast to take along with you to your room or on the run.

Extremely nice staff, clean and comfortable (except for the room size). We had a special wedding group rate for $119 per night for the 2 Queen room, which was OK for what we got.

Sonic and other fast food places right across the street, and the strip mall nearby had a place for my husband to get a haircut before the wedding! Nice area of town.

Overall, a nice place to stay, if you don't mind the small size of the suites.

• Liked — Excellent breakfast, very nice staff, close to many fast food places, an hour from ocean.
  • Disliked — Suite was extremely small compared to other suites we've stayed in.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jcjintegrity
Brownwood, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2008

We were in town for a baseball tournament -- easy freeway access, lots of restaurant options within walking distance, and best of all a "Sonic" right across the street -- super clean, very nice pool/jacuzzi-- breakfast was excellent with a large variety of foods --

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank smug58
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 March 2008

I just wrapped up 6 weeks of stays at this hotel and it was wonderful. The staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are a good size with a separate sleeping and living area and were always clean. The complimentary breakfast is a decent continental spread.

If I had any suggestion for improvement it would be to update the exercise room - which is comprised of 3 out of date pieces of cardio equipment. I did not use the indoor pool but it looked quite nice.

The area is full of plenty of food options within walking distance (I was a fan of Hot Pot N Sushi) with more opening it seemed weekly.

I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed my stays at this property. The staff is doing an excellent job and the rooms are very comfortable.

• Liked — Large, clean room with wonderful staff
  • Disliked — Exercise room
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank AJHubert
Molalla, Oregon
Reviewed 7 December 2007

I had a last minute business trip to Hillsboro. After walking in to a few hotels within a 10 mile radius of my meeting, I was immediately impressed with the SpringHill Suites staff. They had a room at a very reasonable rate (under $100 for government rate), accepted my identification and had me in a room within approximately 15 minutes of my arrival. They were also helpful in directing me to some restaurants within walking distance.

The room was well appointed with a sink, mini fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and makings, love seat and couch, desk with high speed internet hookup, two queen beds and very comfortable pillows, a large bathroom with separate sink area and closet. There was plenty of lighting and good climate control. It was fairly quiet and I heard little from the rooms around me. Although I did not avail myself of it, they had a pool, spa and fitness center. There was a continental breakfast in the morning as well.

When reviewing my bill upon checkout, I noticed they had not properly applied the government discount. The desk staff immediately went to work to fix the mistake. Because I had to leave for my meeting, they promised to have a new billing statement emailed to me by close of business that day - and they did!

I would definitely stay here again for business or as part of a pleasure trip. The SpringHill Suites are an excellent value for what they offer!

• Liked — comfortable and well appointed rooms; staff
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank lovetowander61
SAN ANTONIO
Reviewed 7 October 2007

I was in Hillsboro (about 12 miles outside of Portland) for a family wedding. I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. All I can say is-wonderful! From the moment I checked in to the time I checked out, I felt like an honored guest.

The staff was very friendly and helpful during the whole visit. My room was very clean and spotless- actually what I would consider exceptional. The breakfast buffet was delicious and offered many options each morning. There were even omelets and sausage- not just your hot belgian waffles.

The only blip during the visit was when a guest in a room beside me decided to smoke in their bathroom about 1:30 a.m. the last night I was there. All Marriott hotels are now smoke- free!!!! (thank you, Marriott) but this person must have decided to smoke in their bathroom and turned on the exhaust fan. I woke up thinking something was on fire as the smell was overpowering in my room. Not sure if there was a glitch in the exhaust system that caused it to come into my room but it took sometime to clear my room of the smell. Luckily, the windows open up so that you can get some fresh air. I don't blame this on the hotel but on a guest who had to have their nicotine fix.

I would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — The cleanliness of the room!
  • Disliked — The guest who decided to smoke next door although it was a non-smoking hotel.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo