“Excellent Evening Out”

Stanford's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 297 Restaurants in Hillsboro
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 187th and Evergreen
Transit: Stanford's is less than 2 miles from Willow Creek Transit Center, and is Trimet Bus Accessible with various stops nearby.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I wanted a nice restaurant for our private celebration tonight. The hotel concierge recommended Stanford's. We were very pleased. The ambience of dark wooded alcoves provides an air of upscale and privacy, without overstating. My wife selected the steelhead, while I had the wild salmon. Each was done perfectly. However the lobster tails arrived slightly over cooked, a bit dry and not hot off the grill. We enjoyed the fact that the serving sizes were reasonable, not over the top as most restaurants now serve. That left room to share the apple crisp, a very tasty if undistinguished dish. The server was fun, helpful, and efficient. It was an excellent evening out.

John R, General Manager at Stanford's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for the nice comments and feedback. We would love to have you back in next time your in town. If you wouldn't mind sending me your address, I could send you a few gift certificates for the next time as a sign of our appreciation. You can send me the information via emai to jroth@r-u-i.com
Thanks again for the feedback - your patronage is important to us
Cheers
John

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Not overly impressed, service was terribly slow, food was ok, restaurant was nice, but they seated us way in the back of the facility, why I don't know because there was not a big crowd. To be honest we wouldn't go back.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you won't be back. We're a restaurant that believes in listening to our guests, making the changes or adjustments to improve what we do, so that we don't make the same mistakes twice. Lessen learned with your experience.
We do hope you'll try us again
Sincerely
John Roth

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Visited here with wife for late night dinner, and lunch the following day. Both were very good. Service was excellent both occasions, with a specific call out to Katy at late dinner. What a professional! Ask for her by name!
Late night menu was varied, reasonably priced for the style of the place ( upscale family dining ) and very tasty. Lunch Prime Rib Dip was an outstanding sandwich and was good value.
On balance, this is one of the better dining spots in this part of Hillsboro. Definitely worth the money and a visit.

John R, Manager at Stanford's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thanks so much for your great review, and for the shout out to Katy! We agree, we love her too. Glad we could make your visit memorable. Looking forward to having you back with us again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We usually eat in the bar for happy hour to get a great value dinner. We have had the artichoke dip, the chicken strips, the fish tacos ( my favorite) and the fries. This has consistently been a good meal at a good price. We have also had their dinners in the main restaurant, good tasting food. Definitely a step up from Applebee's, who have chosen to be more of a pub type establishment and I like being pampered once in awhile.

John R, General Manager at Stanford's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you so much for the nice review. We love hearing when the guests are happy with what we do. If you wouldn't mind - I'd love to send you a few gift certificates as a sign of our appreciation of your business. You could send it to me via email if you like. My email is jroth@r-u-i.com
Again, thank you for your comments - we look forward to your next visit
Cheers!
John Roth
Tanasbourne Stanford's

Reviewed 24 August 2017

My wife and I were returning from a shopping excursion, when we noticed this restaurant in the midst of a shopping plaza; it was named Stanford's. I thought that with a name like that, it must be upscale.

We stopped in and found a dimly lit, sumptuous dining room, with tablecloths, and lighted candles. The ambience was superb; I could hardly wait to sample it's fare.

I had a steak, with was cooked to perfection, and to order. My wife dined on lobster tail, which she raved about. I made up my mind, then and there, that we would dine at Stanford's again for our next celebratory meal.

1  Thank PastorGene
John R, Manager at Stanford's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

We are so delighted to hear about your recent visit! Thank you for taking the time to share about it. Looking forward to celebrating with you again!

Been to Stanford's Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!