“Great place for a walk.”

Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have only been there is the spring but so fun. Lots of birds and their babies. You an just spend half an hour or half a day here. We might take a lunch next time. The longer you stay the more chance you have of seeing something interesting.

2  Thank Patty L

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I used to bring my kids here often and look forward to bringing my grandson when he is a bit older. The bald eagle nest is really impressive. The staff are all friendly and very good with children.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I used to live not far from here, one day I decided to stop n walk around. It's nice in the spring or fall on a dry day to see all the flora n fauna. A nice place to get some peace and enjoy the sounds of nature. Unless you are a wetlands or bird person, I think only locals would come here to walk around as its not really an "attraction" in the traditional sense. Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We have been coming here for years and it just keeps getting better! In June we visited to try out the new Bobcat trail that goes from the visitor center to the viewing deck on the north end of the wetlands (south end of town). It's a great trail and we saw many birds and even more wildflowers! There was also an Osprey nest with chicks! Many miles of other trails as well. The visitor center is great for school age kids and older. Check out their website for complete info!

Reviewed 17 January 2013

The broad area of coverage (lots of real estate) allows for solitude, even more so on a wet day. I was there during a corporate volunteer clean-up, but it was still enjoyable eve nthough i was "sort-of working".