“The worst hotel we have ever stayed at!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge Hillsboro-Portland West
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Hillsboro
Blaine, Washington
“The worst hotel we have ever stayed at!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel since we were on a roadtrip from Washington. To begin the Front Desk was literally empty. No one was there to greet us upon arrival for check-in. Went out and then came back in, and the lady showed up and was coughing all over. Asked my husband to fill out of a form, so out dated, no computer software there! We went to the room and it was depriment! I would say it was good for a one night sleep, but not for three or more which is the amount we stayed. Smelled as if it had been closed for quite sometime, mold smell. There was a microwave, fridge, and TV; which I really liked. The mattress was uncomfortable, either too old or too cheap. The parking lot seemed like there was no security so make sure you get there before sundown... The neighborhood didn't looked so friendly, that's why! Would never stay at any of these hotels again! I have banned the franchise from my list! Sorry but it was a pretty dramatic experience. So they say: "You get what you pay for!".
Internet was quite fast and very reliable for online work. Also the AC worked magnificent, but since that doesn't make up for the unconfortable bed and dirty carpet, I still wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Very depriment. Has all the basics as any other hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank SRA87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Check in was good. Overall the room was a bit run down and had a musty smell. The bathroom was in good condition. However... as my boyfriend was pulling out the chair to sit down, we noticed these HUGE white stains on the seat of the chair. Disgusting! He suggested we leave, but it was too late to switch hotels. Next time it will be worth the extra money to stay in a clean hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed here as a family -- 3 rooms with family and friends -- when my son graduated from college at Pacific University. We chose this hotel because we could get rooms for everyone at a price we could all afford, and it was within reasonable distance of the University. (About a 15 minute drive except for graduation morning when the traffic was re-routed... then it was about a half hour. Driver take warning!)

The room was comfortable, the beds firm and the pillows were very puffy! (My Brother-in-law prefers a flat pillow, and the front desk came up for one for him.) The mini-fridge and microwave came in very handy for keeping snacks available, especially since my 4 year old grandson was with us.

The bathroom and sink area were clean, worked well, and there was plenty of hot water even during the mad preparation time in mornings!

The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The bagels and muffins provided at the office in the mornings were fine.

If you are traveling with cell phones, laptops, e-readers, and other devices needed to be plugged in for re-charge, bring a power strip with you. There were not enough plugs available to have more than one device charging at a time. (Yes, there was a plug at the sink, but I am leery of leaving stuff plugged in on a narrow counter right next to the sink except overnight in a room with adults.) Still, only 3 separate devices could charge at one time even if you use the sink, and there was no plug at the desk. Since there was wi-fi available, I was surprised not to have a convenient plug for a laptop at the desk.

Convenience stores, parks, coffee shops (not just global chains!), and other necessary places were in walking distance, which was very useful for an extended stay (some of us were there a week).

The AC was loud, but with the window open it was cool. If you come to stay in the summer, I'd suggest ear plugs in case you need more quiet to go along with the right temperature.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank patsmor
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

I stayed for 7 nights and received an excellant extended stay rate. The front desk staff were very helpful. My only disappointment was from the maid service. I left a tip each day but when I ran out of kleenex it wasn't refilled, on the second day I left the empty box on the table with my tip and then I actually got the kleenex. I used the plastic bag in the ice bucket on my first day, it was never replaced. I had my own ziplock bags so more than anything it was annoying.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Esther028
Pasco, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

This hotel was about half the price as those up the street toward Forest Grove. It had queen beds which was nice. The room was clean, but it is fairly old. We just used it to sleep for about 8 hours. The free breakfast was really small, coffee and muffins. The only downfall was the heater. It was very loud and was really hard to get the right temp in the room, we were either really hot, or really cold.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank BigRiverhawkFan
Denver,CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

We just spent one night here. It was satisfactory in all respects...clean rooms, pleasant desk personnel, continental breakfast. It isn't extrememly close to the highway, and the directions leave something to be desired. I would recommend that you call the place for more specific directions.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DenCo
Sandy Bay, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

We came for Graduation of relative son and we stayed at this place, Staff was wonderful.
I would recomnad to anyone who is traveling around this area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple