“Woah!!!”
Review of The Dunes Motel

The Dunes Motel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Reviewed 4 August 2008

The first time I stayed at The Dunes Motel, I was impressed. Sure the wifi signal is practically nonexistant, but overall I felt it was a fairly good deal.
Unfortunately, I made the mistake of booking a room for a week later. When I came in, they claimed they could not find my reservation. I had the odd feeling they were lying, so I went outside and called and spoke with the owner, claiming to be someone else verifying my reservation on my behalf. The owner found my reservation immediately. So I went inside and told the owner I just had 'someone' call to confirm my reservation for me and wanted to know why I was lied to when I came in before. He had the audacity to lie to me again and said he could not find my reservation.
I'm not sure what is wrong with these people. As odd as it may sound, I think this east Indian owned motel may be racist against anglos. I can't think of any other reason they would lie as they did. Their behaviour was extremely odd.
When I went outside to wait for my cab to take me to another hotel, I met a young anglo lady who encountered the same problem with the front desk. They claimed to not be able find her reservation. She told me they have done this to her on two other occasions and that she has finally given up on them.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank beanachtai

A TripAdvisor Member
Clatsop County, Oregon
Reviewed 23 February 2003

Within 2 blocks of Tuality Hosp. where I had a procedure scheduled early A.M. next day. Price is extremely reasonable and lobby, hallway, room & bath spotlessly clean. In room phone. Unexpected amenity - microwave and small 'fridge. Morning coffee in lobby. Fast food available within one block. Quiet.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsboro
Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Hillsboro-Evergreen Park
Holiday Inn - Hillsboro
Holiday Inn - Hillsboro
#3 of 19 in Hillsboro

Been to The Dunes Motel? Share your experiences!