“Interesting room”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
Reviewed 23 June 2011

It was a surprise to get to the assigned room and find the bed unmade. I do not remembering ever having that happen before. The front desk clerk was very surprised upon hearing this but we were given another room quickly. A reasonable place to stay in the Hood River area-not downtown but not right on the highway but convenient for each. There is no wireless available in the hotel (big surprise these days) and the cable we were given did not work.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dil345
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Please except my apologies in regards to your being sent to a room that was not ready. I am glad to hear we were able to get you into another room right away.

We are now under new management and I'm happy to say that we have Hi-speed wi-fi and still have hard wire for those that need a more secure internet connection.

Warm regards,
Pamela

Reviewed 4 May 2011

When we first got to the hotel the front desk agent asked if we had a dog and we did and might leave him in the car overnight (not during the day, would never do that to our little guy) if we had to but we were going to talk to friends who lived locally if they could watch the dog overnight. The guy gave me a huge attitude and that when we came back he would have to check the car for the dog because pets are not allowed on the property at all. So my boyfriend ended up going to The Dalles with the dog, so we didnt even get to spend time together. So we check in our room and being a former Executive at a Comfort Suites I check the room, I found a hair in the bathtub, cleaning residue by the toilet paper holder, and ants in the bathroom. I also found that the window was not locked and the room was on the first floor, somebody could easily break into the room. This weekend there was a UFC fight we wanted to see and I asked the front desk guy if he knew a place to go see the fight, he told me that he didnt know of any bars or anywhere to go. The internet was not very convenient, had to log in too many times. This is information the front desk staff should know and be able to give to guests. When it was time to check out my boyfriend was coming from the dalles and I need a couple minutes more so I called the front desk and told them and she said she had no record of me asking for a late check out. This hotel had the worst customer service I had ever experienced, I wouild not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Please except my apologies for the way you were treated during your stay here.

I wanted to let you know that we are under new management and that there are new policies in place since your last stay.

Best regards,
Pamela

Reviewed 2 May 2011

We spent the big bucks to get the jacuzzi room. It took two hours to get enough water to fill it. The shower rod was half ripped out of the wall, so the curtain would not stay closed. The a/c was too noisy to sleep. It was awful. Between myself, and the friends who went with us, all the other jacuzzi rooms were booked, so there was no sense it trying to get another one.

The worst part was that when I told the front desk about all the issues the next morning, they did not even offer an apology. They said thanks for letting them know and they would tell maintenance.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kneescraper
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Stayed here for $109 a night. I would have expected a little more for the money. Room was nice and customer service was good as well. Just an average hotel. My biggest problem was with their maintenance/pool staff. The pool and spa were salty and full of algae. Made my whole families skin itch. We stay at a lot of hotels every year and this ones pool and spa were the worst we have seen. Given the option I will never stay a this location again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mcurtis0956
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Have stayed at this Hotel on numerous occassions. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean and the breakfast is terrific!! The beds are some of the most comfortable I've found at any Hotel. As part of the Comfort Inn chain, they do a good job of adhering to the high standards at this location. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Glossy magazine in the room listed some attractions but no information about locations. We were directed to a strip mall, and by the time we got downtown (delightful), everything was closed. Signs all over about wineries, and no map. If I were the Chamber of Commerce, I would forget them. And we had to drive to find anything, stumbled on a nice restaurant. Location bad for tourists. And expensive.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Our goal was to visit the Columbia Gorge waterfalls, Mount Hood and outlet shopping during our stay here in Oregon and this hotel was in a good area for all of those activities.

When we booked our room, we had a choice of a regular room or a "mountain view" room...but for a little bit more money. We chose the mountain view room because we were celebrating our anniversary. When we got into the room, we noticed that the only view we had was a parking lot and some businesses behind that. No mountains to be seen. We looked around the hotel from the outside and was pretty sure that the rooms on the opposite side of ours would have been "mountain view" but the front desk clerk insisted that all the views were the same. We were disappointed that we paid for a more expensive room but did not get what we booked for. It wasn't exactly the more economical hotel either, but we went with the trip advisor critiques and figured this one would have been a good one.

The check-in staff did not seem engaged with their position, helping out people checking in...they basically just said.."too bad" and "no" to everything without even attempting to help the customer out. We asked the morning clerk if we could print out a map that we had but he said the business centre was down and he could not print anything for us...even though he has a computer and printer at his desk. I do not consider this good customer service at all...especially for such a large chain! I have never been to a hotel with such unfriendly staff.

I must say, the room itself is very spacious with a nice sitting area and a sink and counter space with refrigerator for anyone wanting to prepare a meal or two. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were dreadfully soft and very small! The internet connection was terrible...even when we went downstairs by the lobby, the connection seemed to cut in and out.

Breakfast is plentiful with a good variety.

Parking is limited. My husband received his first door bang here...not impressed at all. If you come back late to the hotel you're lucky to get a parking spot.

Overall, I was disappointed with my stay. The room itself was good but the hospitality leaves you feeling cold. For the price we paid, I'm sure there are other places in Hood River for cheaper I could have stayed at with the same or better service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!