“Wish I had another choice”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
Portland, O
“Wish I had another choice”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Work put me up in this hotel after moving me from the Best Western, and I was completely disappointed. The quality was poorer, there were rips in the furniture, and the internet was unacceptably slow and unreliable.
The internet was probably the most frustrating part. If they want to have a hotel that is suitable for business people on extended stays, the internet needs to work more than 50% of the time and not freeze up every 5 minutes. Completely frustrating.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Oregonismyhome
Dear past guest,

I would like to apologize for the way you were treated during your stay.

We are now under new management and hope you would give us another chance.

My kindest regards,
Pamela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 July 2011

The customer service here is terrible. My business takes me out of town every other week. I had reserved a room for a business trip on a Thursday. To my surprise I had reserved the room for the previous Thursday. This was my fault, as I made a mistake and clicked the wrong week on the reservation three weeks earlier. The front desk person said I had been charged for the room the previous week I didn't show up. I needed a place to stay and the rate was $60 more than the prior week I reserved. The front desk person also stated he would not be able to reimburse me since he didn't have the authority. Ok, so I needed a place to stay, and stayed overnight. The desk guy said to call the manager to reverse the charges for the past week I wasn't there. The next day the manager was not in, I was charged for the night. I called numerous times for the manager and finally talked to her a week later. I also talked to front desk person from when I was there last. He said he could have reimbursed while I was there last but didn't. I spoke with the manager, surprisingly she was very rude to me. She said it was not her problem I had made the mistake on the wrong week and that she wouldn't reimburse me. She actually took a shot at me. I'd been in business for government work, she says "well I'd think the government would train their employees better not to make mistakes" I couldn't believe it! No other manager has ever been so rude. Most management will not even give two thoughts about resolving a problem. I told her 99 percent of hotels in the area would reimburse me. She told me to go stay at one of the other hotels next time. Nice. Well, I got ripped off for the night I stayed and was charged for the night I wasn't there. By the way, the hotel is not close to any restaurants, besides a taco bell next door, and there are no views. Have a nice stay!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank HomePDX
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Please except my apologies for the way you were treated during your stay.
I would like to let you know that we are under new management and hope you would give us another chance.

Best regards,

Travellers are raving about these Hood River hotels

Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2011

It was a surprise to get to the assigned room and find the bed unmade. I do not remembering ever having that happen before. The front desk clerk was very surprised upon hearing this but we were given another room quickly. A reasonable place to stay in the Hood River area-not downtown but not right on the highway but convenient for each. There is no wireless available in the hotel (big surprise these days) and the cable we were given did not work.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dil345
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Please except my apologies in regards to your being sent to a room that was not ready. I am glad to hear we were able to get you into another room right away.

We are now under new management and I'm happy to say that we have Hi-speed wi-fi and still have hard wire for those that need a more secure internet connection.

Warm regards,
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed 4 May 2011

When we first got to the hotel the front desk agent asked if we had a dog and we did and might leave him in the car overnight (not during the day, would never do that to our little guy) if we had to but we were going to talk to friends who lived locally if they could watch the dog overnight. The guy gave me a huge attitude and that when we came back he would have to check the car for the dog because pets are not allowed on the property at all. So my boyfriend ended up going to The Dalles with the dog, so we didnt even get to spend time together. So we check in our room and being a former Executive at a Comfort Suites I check the room, I found a hair in the bathtub, cleaning residue by the toilet paper holder, and ants in the bathroom. I also found that the window was not locked and the room was on the first floor, somebody could easily break into the room. This weekend there was a UFC fight we wanted to see and I asked the front desk guy if he knew a place to go see the fight, he told me that he didnt know of any bars or anywhere to go. The internet was not very convenient, had to log in too many times. This is information the front desk staff should know and be able to give to guests. When it was time to check out my boyfriend was coming from the dalles and I need a couple minutes more so I called the front desk and told them and she said she had no record of me asking for a late check out. This hotel had the worst customer service I had ever experienced, I wouild not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Please except my apologies for the way you were treated during your stay here.

I wanted to let you know that we are under new management and that there are new policies in place since your last stay.

Best regards,
Port Orchard, wa.
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We spent the big bucks to get the jacuzzi room. It took two hours to get enough water to fill it. The shower rod was half ripped out of the wall, so the curtain would not stay closed. The a/c was too noisy to sleep. It was awful. Between myself, and the friends who went with us, all the other jacuzzi rooms were booked, so there was no sense it trying to get another one.

The worst part was that when I told the front desk about all the issues the next morning, they did not even offer an apology. They said thanks for letting them know and they would tell maintenance.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kneescraper
Kennewick Wa
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Stayed here for $109 a night. I would have expected a little more for the money. Room was nice and customer service was good as well. Just an average hotel. My biggest problem was with their maintenance/pool staff. The pool and spa were salty and full of algae. Made my whole families skin itch. We stay at a lot of hotels every year and this ones pool and spa were the worst we have seen. Given the option I will never stay a this location again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mcurtis0956
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Have stayed at this Hotel on numerous occassions. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean and the breakfast is terrific!! The beds are some of the most comfortable I've found at any Hotel. As part of the Comfort Inn chain, they do a good job of adhering to the high standards at this location. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
#5 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!