“Great hotel”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Nice place to stay in Hood River, really comfortable beds. Our check in person was super friendly and helpful, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank vyou for your kind words about your stay.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Having stayed at many Comfort Suites this one was exactly what I expected. Overall Ok property with plenty of conveniences close by. Only problem was the door had a poor fit and you could see through the door jam. This was a problem if you wanted to have the windowes open. Due to the constant wind in Hood River this made the door rattle constanlty.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TRC70

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I'm happy to report that we will be installing new entry and bathroom doors in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Not as updated as the new holiday inn express we have found in several spots, but it was well priced and our check-in agent was helpful. Good breakfast (FREE).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

The staff and management thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I visit Hood River regularly to work nights for a hospital. They have usually booked me here at Comfort Suites, and I couldn't be happier. The staff is very accommodating, usually getting me an early check-in so I can sleep before my first shift.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are very comfortable, and the pillows are great! A refrigerator and microwave are provided in each room. The only complaint I have about the rooms is how tiny the bathrooms are. If you're looking for space to move around in there, this is the wrong hotel for you.

Continental breakfast has a wide range of options and is really quite good. The pool and hot tub and clean and usually not too busy.

This is a great choice for staying in Hood River!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your kind review about your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Work put me up in this hotel after moving me from the Best Western, and I was completely disappointed. The quality was poorer, there were rips in the furniture, and the internet was unacceptably slow and unreliable.
The internet was probably the most frustrating part. If they want to have a hotel that is suitable for business people on extended stays, the internet needs to work more than 50% of the time and not freeze up every 5 minutes. Completely frustrating.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Oregonismyhome

Dear past guest,

I would like to apologize for the way you were treated during your stay.

We are now under new management and hope you would give us another chance.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2011

The customer service here is terrible. My business takes me out of town every other week. I had reserved a room for a business trip on a Thursday. To my surprise I had reserved the room for the previous Thursday. This was my fault, as I made a mistake and clicked the wrong week on the reservation three weeks earlier. The front desk person said I had been charged for the room the previous week I didn't show up. I needed a place to stay and the rate was $60 more than the prior week I reserved. The front desk person also stated he would not be able to reimburse me since he didn't have the authority. Ok, so I needed a place to stay, and stayed overnight. The desk guy said to call the manager to reverse the charges for the past week I wasn't there. The next day the manager was not in, I was charged for the night. I called numerous times for the manager and finally talked to her a week later. I also talked to front desk person from when I was there last. He said he could have reimbursed while I was there last but didn't. I spoke with the manager, surprisingly she was very rude to me. She said it was not her problem I had made the mistake on the wrong week and that she wouldn't reimburse me. She actually took a shot at me. I'd been in business for government work, she says "well I'd think the government would train their employees better not to make mistakes" I couldn't believe it! No other manager has ever been so rude. Most management will not even give two thoughts about resolving a problem. I told her 99 percent of hotels in the area would reimburse me. She told me to go stay at one of the other hotels next time. Nice. Well, I got ripped off for the night I stayed and was charged for the night I wasn't there. By the way, the hotel is not close to any restaurants, besides a taco bell next door, and there are no views. Have a nice stay!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank HomePDX

Please except my apologies for the way you were treated during your stay.
I would like to let you know that we are under new management and hope you would give us another chance.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

It was a surprise to get to the assigned room and find the bed unmade. I do not remembering ever having that happen before. The front desk clerk was very surprised upon hearing this but we were given another room quickly. A reasonable place to stay in the Hood River area-not downtown but not right on the highway but convenient for each. There is no wireless available in the hotel (big surprise these days) and the cable we were given did not work.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dil345

Please except my apologies in regards to your being sent to a room that was not ready. I am glad to hear we were able to get you into another room right away.

We are now under new management and I'm happy to say that we have Hi-speed wi-fi and still have hard wire for those that need a more secure internet connection.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!