“Comfy in Hood River”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
Olympia, Washington
“Comfy in Hood River”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had a comfortable night at this hotel. Very efficient receptionist, clean room good beds and clean bathrooms. serve yourself breakfast, very good.
use of our " triple A" card lowered our cost.
A short drive from the crowded area downtown, but close to stores for everyday needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room "at the back", quieter...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I wanted to thank you for your kind words about your stay with us.

Pamela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Portland, OR
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I generally give nice reviews. I want goo places to do well...this is not one of those places.

I had no complaints (other than being super pricey for a regular motel) for this place after saying here on weekend trips to Hood River a few times, but after my most recent attempt at a reservation I will never be going back and I will do my best to spread the word to friends who frequent Hood River.

Basically, a reservation screw up resulted in me being charged $280 for a room a full month before the reservation was supposed to be. When I saw the charge on my statement and called to figure out what was going on they said that somehow it was my fault and that the charge would stand. So, my husband's surprise birthday weekend is ruined and I'm out almost $200 for a reservation I never used because they screwed up the date and refused to cooperate afterward.

In a nutshell, DO NOT STAY HERE. And they were jerks about it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Britt C
Pamela R, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
I am so sorry you feel that the charge for your reservation is unfair and that you won't be returning to stay with us.

When speaking to your husband in regards to the reservation mix up, he mentioned that a mistake had been made while booking your reservations on the internet. He said that when you went in to change the number of guests that would be in your party your didn't realize that the arrival and departure dates had changed from August to July.

Had you called us after receiving your email confirmation we would have gladly made the change in the reservation for the correct arrival date for you assuring a great experience for your husbands surprise party.

It is our goal that every guest be treated as we or any member of our family would want to be treated at our hotel.

Best regards

Travellers are raving about these Hood River hotels

Mosier, Oregon
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed here for business, in quick, super comfortable bed, room was very clean and breakfast was decent... no complaints. Lots of parking and friendly staff. Not exactly in the center of town but Hood River is stretched out just a bit...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your remarks about your stay with us.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Reception was very slow and people were backed up waiting. The suite was very clean. The lodging is smoke-free which a plus. The bed was comfortable with fresh white linens. The hot Breakfast was well attended to.

I'd stay there again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tynetraveller-60
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for the positive remarks about your stay with us.

Warm regards,
Eugene
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We did arrive a little early on a Friday afternoon about 2:00 PM. They said we have a room ready for you! I thought wow this is great...... SURPRISE we went to the room it wasn't ready--the bed was all tore apart, and there was about a case of beer bottles sitting on the counter in this room. So I went back to the front desk from the 2nd floor . She said she was sorry, and she had another room from me on the 1st floor. We went to that room, and it was ONLY half ready. So I got the cleaning girl across the hall and she said she was so sorry, and would clean the bathroom and put out clean towels for us and vacuum. So we had to wait for her to do this for us. I know it was a Friday afternoon, but really this isn't the kind of thing I expected for the price they were changing us. I feel they owe me some money back for the trouble I had in getting a room that is clean and ready. I am disappointed in what I had to do, to stay in a clean and ready room. They do have a nice breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Please except my apologies for the confusion upon your check in. We are working hard to make sure something like this does not happen in the future.

Warm regards,
Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed on our way home from Boise. Called ahead for a reservation and was surprised at the high "summer" price even with AAA discount as we had stayed here before at a much lower price. We stayed at a very nice downtown hotel in Boise for $25 less. There was a large stain on the carpet which puts me off as to cleanliness. The bathroom was very small; you can hardly turn around. The pool is nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcia L
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed about your stay.
The rates in the Hood River area do change depending upon the season.

Thank you for letting us know about the stain you found. We did check on the stain you referred to and found it to be a wine stain.
I'm happy to say that we were able to clean the area and remove most ot it.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very attractive lobby. Great welcome at check in. Made us feel like we were important people. Mini suite was well equipped, facing Mount Adams. Good sleep. Newspaper at the door the next morning. Breakfast included bacon, eggs, two kinds of waffle, cheese, etc. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sycha
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I wanted to take the time to say thank you for your kind words about your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hood River
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
#5 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!