“Great Stay, But.....”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Stay, But.....”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Great stay overall, very comfortable, good breakfast, all at a reasonable price. My only complain would be that at check out the young lady checking me out was very friendly but there was another receptionist who was at the reception area right behind her who was talking very loud and carrying on a conversation in Spanish with who I believe is a maid. The young lady checking me out had to speak over them because I was having trouble hearing her. To me, that was very disrespectful. These two sounded like hyenas with the obnoxious laughter. I would definitely return I just didn't like how these two women were being so unprofessional around guests and since one if them was out of uniform I was hoping she was not the manager because if she is, she should know better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pamela R, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Clarice,

Please let me apologize for what you encountered at the front desk while checking out. This is not they way we do business.

If you would be so kind as to let me know what day you stayed with us, it would help me narrow down the agents that need to be addressed.

I am glad you enjoyed your atsy with us and hope to see you in the future.

Pamela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
North Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 24 December 2013

One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in! In walking distance of pretty much everything, the pool and hot tub were nice sized, and the beds were so comfy & soft I didn't want to ever leave (plan on buying that exact mattress)!! They also go way out for a continental breakfast, eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, make your own waffle, and so much more! The kids loved every bit of it and so did we! Will definately be recommending this place to friends and family!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I would like to thank you for your comments in regards to your vist with us. Your opinion
is greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,
Buford, GA
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Ok so its not on the river but. The price is right. $5 cab ride from the bars, clean rooms, great service and I stress this is a comfort suites not a comfort inn. Of you want to upgrade they have Jacuzzi rooms as well. Great job comfort suites!

• Stayed October 2013
Pamela R, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear John,

Thank you for the great review. My staff and I are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and it is always a plus for me to share the positive comments with them.

They work very hard and take pride in the fact that their hard work is appreciated.

We look forward to a return visit from you and will strive to provide you with the same great service.

Pamela R
Seattle
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A little over priced for what you get as compared to some local B&B's. Floor want not clean as I found fingernails between beds (colored get topping that peel off) and a twist tie under the bathroom sink. I did like the ability to choose pillow firmness and the beds were very comfy. Room quiet on 3rd floor and enjoyed the hot tub and pool. Breakfast is to be expected when in this chain...simple egg dishes, meat patties, biscuits and gravy and make your own waffles. Tastes OK and gets you started in your day.

Room Tip: Always try to get a top floor room so no one Is above. The hotel was full on this Sat. night stay y...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Please let me apologize for your findings while staying with us. We have spoken to the housekeeping department and we are working very hard to make sure things like this don't happen in the future.

Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We needed a room at the last minute in Hood River. We found the Comfort Suites to be very clean, have friendly staff, and remarkably quiet given its proximity to the freeway. The bedding was new and exceptionally comfortable. We enjoyed the complementary breakfast -- lots of good choices.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks about your stay.

Warm regards,
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Our room was on the top floor and even though it faced the street it was quiet. The king-size bed was very comfortable and it was roomy with the extra space with a sofa. The breakfast was delicious and had a wide variety of selections. The desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We would stay again.

Room Tip: see above review about the location and bed.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about your stay.

Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a hotel to AVOID. $1.50 to use the safe in your room on top of a $170.00 room charge. On reviewing my bill prior to checking out I saw the $1.50 charge for the safe. When I asked at the front desk I was told that I should have been told at check inn that the use of the safe would be added. I did not use the safe and I was not told anything about the safe at check-in though in addition to the signature I was asked to initial multiple places on the form. The fee was reversed because I complained, but I was told it was a Choice Hotel policy. So to be safe I will avoid all Choice hotels in the future.

Otherwise the hotel was OK but not good value. The breakfast selection was not great.

pea .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alistair_MacDonald
Pamela R, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Please allow me to apologize in regards to your stay at the Comfort Suites in Hood River.

It is our policy to inform our guests while checking them in about the safes in the rooms and the charge for them. I am deeply sorry that you were not informed about that upon check-in. I have spoken to all of our front desk staff in regards to this matter, what our polices are and how to present them to our guests.

As for this being a Choice Hotels International policy, this is incorrect. I am sorry that the agent who cheked you out the morning of your departure misrepresented Choice and made such a comment.

I apologize again and would hope that you would not hold this against Choice Hotels and give us another try.

Best regards.

Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!