“It depends on what you're lookng for...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Seven Oaks Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Hood River B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 August 2012

If you want to stay right in the heart of Hood River and walk to the shops, galleries, and restaurants, then Seven Oaks is not for you. But if you want to sit on the porch in the morning quiet with a cup of tea and watch the sun play artist with Mt. Hood, you can't go wrong with this B & B.

Seven Oaks is located a couple of easy driving miles from downtown Hood River in what appears to be a very light industrial area. But don't let the drive to it fool you. It's quiet, secluded, and has a great atmosphere. A large bank of douglas fir trees screens everything but the mountain. And with several seating areas, you can always find a warm place or a shady place, depending on what you're looking for. We stayed here in mid-August, and Hood River was in the middle of a heat wave (mid- to upper-80's is hot in Oregon, I guess) but the mornings and evenings were very pleasant to be outside. Inside there is a generous living room (equippped with a baby grand piano, if you are so talented or incllined) and a sunny reading area in a den that opens to a porch and hot tub.

The house itself is somewhat quirky, especially if you are staying on the second floor. The rooflines make for some interesting celing heights and head bumps if you're not careful. I actually had to kneel on the floor to use the bathroom mirror for shaving in the morning. But all things considered, it was a wonderful place to stay.

The innkeeper's warm hospitality was matched only by her great breakfasts. The eggs were donated by the hens on the property, and an ample garden offered several varieties of fresh vegetables for the breakfast burritos or quiche. The interesting conversations over breakfast the two mornings we ate there actually made us late starting our planned itinerary.

So, as I said, if you want the hustle and bustle of downtown Hood River, find someplace else to stay, but we really enjoyed the welcoming atmosphere of Seven Oaks.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank meschers

Reviewed 13 August 2012

The food and the accommodations were stellar. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the linens were the finest quality. Every detail was elegant, right down to the soaps. The breakfast was healthy, filling and Linda made every effort to meet everyone's taste and diet requirements. The family style atmosphere and garden were perfect. My husband loved the proximity to the golf course. The nearby wineries and the town are inviting. The whole community was awesome and this is a great place to get away for a while!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Seven Oaks is so peaceful. I stayed in the cottage. I liked having my own private getaway. It had a fridge and kitchenette area. I didn't use the kitchenette. I did take advantage of the coffee and cream that was in the fridge to make fresh coffee though. Mmmm. My only complaint was that the shower was tiny. Other than that, this place is perfection.

I stayed at a few bed and breakfasts during my Oregon trip. This place had the best breakfast by far. I will be dreaming about apple pancakes for ages now. The owners are incredibly friendly. If I went back to Hood River, I would stay at this place again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly R
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 31st anniversary with a weekend in Hood River, with an agenda to do some hiking, wine tasting, and generally relax. We selected Seven Oaks as our base of operations, in part that it was close to a winery where we would attend a Winemaker's Dinner.

Our car's navigation system took us into a light industrial area that supports the food processing business, but in the middle of it we found a secluded and private homestead with lush gardens and a beautiful old house. The home has a large front porch where views of the peak of Mt. Hood greeted us through breaks in the clouds. There is also a large side porch with a hot tub off the sitting room that gets morning sun. The bedrooms all have names and different themes, both downstairs and upstairs.

We chose the little cottage that sits in a corner of the property off the main house. It was equipped with a private bath and fully equipped kitchenette, which we only used for morning coffee (which was provided freshly ground in the fridge), afternoon snacks, and to keep the wine chilled.

Breakfasts were served at the main dining table with the other guests, were vegetarian and delicious. It was here that we got to know our hostess, Linda, and her other guests. The conversation that started over breakfast spilled over into the late morning. Linda had the perfect recommendations for dinner in Hood River as well as suggestions for places to take our day hikes.

Even though we had a full agenda of things we wanted to do, Seven Oaks was so inviting that we made several extra hours of time available to catch some sun, soak in the hot tub, and enjoy the serenity. Thanks again, Linda, we'll certainly be back!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Linda & her family have created the perfect B&B. I make it a point to head out to Hood River and stay at Seven Oaks about twice a year. The main house and guest house are both perfectly decorated and refreshingly comfortable. The grounds, including a lush garden & relaxing hot tub, are beautiful & private. I love chatting with Linda over her wonderful homemade breakfasts.

I just can't say enough about Seven Oaks. It's heaven!

Room Tip: Reserve any room in the house. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a hidden gem around 5 minutes drive from the centre of Hood River. This gorgeous B&B is set in beautiful grounds where you can view Mount Hood whilst sitting on the balcony. Linda and her family were very welcoming, friendly and we really enjoyed sitting around talking to everyone. The room was very relaxing (there was no TV but we didn't mind) with more fabulous views of the garden from the room. The bathroom was down the hall but private. Guests also had the use of the reading room and the hot tub. When we arrived the sun was out and we just wanted to relax so Linda kindly brought out sun loungers for us. We really enjoyed breakfast the following morning (vegetarian borritos which were the best I've ever had!) and spent over an hour chatting away to Linda. You'd be stupid to consider stopping anywhere else in Hood River.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This was our third time staying, and it was still the same great experience. There is no other place for us to stay in Hood River.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Seven Oaks Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!