“LOVE this place...and I'm a local!”

Ho Ho Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 141 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Chinese
“LOVE this place...and I'm a local!”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This place is what I'm talking about! Great food (ask the General for his chicken), great service (Ping is amazing), and the absolute COLDEST RAINIER IN HOOD RIVER!

Bonus: wash your sleeping bag next door!

Great Falls, Montana
“Yum!!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

They actually have real sweet n sour sauce!!! Great place!

Visited February 2012
San Diego, California
“Authentic Chinese in hood river”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Good food, very uncrowded on a Monday night. Great service. We liked the mushu shrimp.

Oregon
“Strong Drinks”
Reviewed 28 May 2009

The food might suck, but Ping makes a wicked strong drink. This place really is more a bar than an actual place to go for a meal.

California
“Slow, unfriendly service, and bad chinese food”
Reviewed 21 September 2008

I first chose to eat here for two reasons: 1) it is right next to the laundromat and 2) I had a hankering for Chinese food after I was told that the laundromat was next to this place.

Had I known what I do know I would not have eaten here. First, the place was slow (it was Wednesday, during lunch). This should have clued me in to how great the place was. The woman who was waiting on tables didn't offer me any kind of greeting, kind word, smile, nothing friendly or welcoming. It wasn't like she was rushed, there were only two tables with 2 people each sitting at them. I was given a menu and I ordered a lunch special.

The special took about 20 minutes to arrive. It came with some unknown soup which was ok. I ordered Kung Pao chicken and fried rice that also came with a vegetable egg roll. The egg roll was ok, the kung pao, decent, but the rice was atrocious. I don't think it's that hard to make fried rice. It was fried, and that's about as close to traditional Chinese fried rice as it got.

The restaurant itself could use a make over. Everything was old and rundown looking. The water glass had so many scratches on it it wasn't clear glass anymore. The place was as run down as the laundromat next door.