We enjoyed our river view from room w balcony and from the counter height chairs/table inside. Very helpful staff pointed out a lovely wooded path leading west to stunning Columbia vistas; they also provided a secure place for our bikes.
This is a hidden gem accessed by a road parallel to I-84 (just west of the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel). Our room on the north edge of the park-like property was surprisingly quiet. Our bed was comfortable.
This is an excellent base to explore Hood River, The Dalles, Mary Hill Museum, Stonehenge, bike the Mosier Tunnels, hike Columbia Gorge trails, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River