The complex is on a surprisingly large treed property adjacent to the Colombia Gorge Hotel, so you get all the benefits of the views for half the price.
The rooms were a little dated, but very clean and comfortable and had fridge and microwave to make up for it. You are a little ways out of town here so you'll need to plan on driving. I'm glad we didn't find anything in town for this trip though, the hotel gave us both sides of town and country for our weekend vacation.
We upgraded to a room with a view ($140/night) due to multiple night availability. I wouldn't upgrade for the sake of the view next time though, the property is big and accommodating enough that you'll be able to enjoy the scenery regardless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotel.de so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River