We loved the Vagabond Lodge!! Our room was quiet, clean, comfortable, and enormous. We were in the very back of the property, with a balcony looking out on the Columbia. We debated spending the few extra dollars for the view room, but we're SO glad we did! Sitting on the balcony after dark and watching the lights from the trains across the river...getting up to watch the windsurfers zipping by in the morning...that alone was worth the price! I can only think that there must be a big variation in the quality of the rooms in different parts of the hotel, judging by the wide differences of opinion here. But we'd go back in a heartbeat, and we'll ask for room 51 again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River