We didn't experience the noise problems of the previous reviewer. In fact, this was one of the quietest properties we stayed at on our 7 night trip through Oregon. Outstanding views of the Columbia River - most likely the exact same view as the fancy property next door (The Columbia Gorge Hotel) at about 1/3 the price. No breakfast offered, but there are plenty of dining places a couple of miles away in Hood River. This is not a centrally located property, so don't expect to walk around the lovely town of Hood River.
The room was small but clean. We were in the two story building closest to the river. There are also several one story clusters. Lots of families staying here - I think they have suites. It's very convenient to the highway, also. Would definitely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River