Columbia Gorge Hotel
BestWestern.com
US$186
US$173
US$136
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River(Hood River)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$207
Riverview Lodge(Hood River)
US$143
Oak Street Hotel(Hood River)
US$163
Hood River Hostel(Hood River)
US$121
TripAdvisor
Hood River Hotel(Hood River)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewshistoric hotelthe rivergarden viewpiano playerelevator operatornatural waterfallsteelheadstep back in timeromantic getawaycorner roomthird floorthe entire staffrooms are smallqueen bedwine tastingloungevaughan
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed for four nights in September. I was treated like royalty, and truly enjoyed the experience! The hotel itself was lovely and reminiscent of a past I would have enjoyed had I been born 80 years earlier. The restaurant staff made every effort to accommodate my dietary restrictions, and in their dining room, it didn't feel like restrictions!!! One of the best Gluten Free cakes I have ever eaten!!

Room Tip: The quietest side is on the River, and the views are spectacular for the price.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Absolutely awesome experience for our wedding! First, the Columbia Gorge Hotel is beautiful - lovely interior, comfy beds in spacious rooms, lots of windows to gaze out onto the well-maintained and beautiful grounds, and of course the Columbia River can be viewed while strolling along the backside of the hotel along with their own waterfall.

But the most impressive aspect of this hotel is really the staff. We had a relatively small wedding of about 28, but it was a daunting task for me (the bride) to keep track of everything up until the wedding. Once I arrived, I was treated as I imagine royalty are. The staff anticipated my every need and I had a fabulous time as did all the guests. I have had several people tell me that was the best wedding they have ever attended. I owe this success to the staff.

Did I mention the food? It was simply scrumptious. I must have gained 10 pounds over that weekend. Nothing compares to this place. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Dennis, our waiter on the patio! The hotel and it's staff were superb. The surroundings and location were more than we were expecting. We're so glad we stayed two nights here! You must bring your camera and take a couple hundred pictures inside and out. Our anniversary was well spent. Dennis is an excellent example of what excellent service should be. He made our experience both memorable and entertaining.
The room, bed and bath are 5 star as far as we're concerned.

Room Tip: Expect some talking heard on the gorge/river side if you like to sleep in with the windows open.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

A friend and I stayed overnight at the Columbia Gorge Hotel in a family suite where we each had our own room with adjoining bathroom. We listened to the falls outside and had a luscious breakfast in the dining room the next morning. Before we turned in for the evening we walked the beautiful grounds and were just delighted with the landscaping! What a beautiful, restful evening! This is a spot you do not want to miss whether you are just staying the night or planning a special getaway, wedding, anniversary or get together with family and friends. The staff was very friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We had our wedding at the Columbia Gorge Hotel and our experience with the hotel, and the staff was anazing since the beginning! The food is always good, no matter if it is breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Our wedding was about a 100 people and we wanted it to be a formal garden affair so we had it in a beautiful tent with drapes! Their wedding coordinator Trina is a pleasure to work with and they were very helpful with all the planning and the details! They made sure to take care of every detail! Carlos who is the banquet captain is also great and very helpful and he made our wedding flow very smoothly! The entire staff at pur wedding was amazing and very polite and helpful! We had guests from out of town, and they were raving about the food, the views, and location! The day of our wedding was hot, 103 degrees! We were going to have the ceromony in the Point Lawn but we ended up having it inside in the ballroom due to the hear! We made this change only a day before the wedding, and Trina and her staff very helpful and made the ball room ready for us! Also, we had a Farewell Breakfast the next day for a lot of our close friends and family and again the breakfast was amazing! The chef attended omlet station, and the buffet was really yummy! Again, their food is delicious! Some of the best food in hood river! The room set up for our farewell breakfast was also gorgeous! They pay attention to every detail! All of our guests were extremely impressed with the venue, the food, and the service!!!

If you want a perfect amd memorable wedding experience, choose this hotel! This place is like heaven!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family