Columbia Gorge Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Hood River)
View Hotel
Hood River Hotel(Hood River)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewshistoric hotelthe rivergarden viewpiano playerelevator operatornatural waterfallsteelheadstep back in timeromantic getawaycorner roomthird floorthe entire staffrooms are smallqueen bedwine tastingloungevaughan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2010

under new ownership compared to last must influence my review.the property is the center piece together with the hotels ambiance. there were just too many small oversights that are inconsistent with the standard of quality.There was no bell staff. the only person available was the clerk who checked us in,ran the elevator, showed us to our room w/fireplace.had to move us to another room as the TV didn't work wasn't check when room was made-up other thing were overlooked as well the toilet seat was loose,limited room service.for emergency purpose there were to be a flashlight in each room either didn't work or missing. the food quality was not that good. the bar was ok.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillBevLakeO
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I read the reviews about the new ownership and the kinks to be worked out such as poor service but decided to try it anyway. I didn't wait a year knowing that a new owner wouldn't have a year to get the establishment running well to stay in business. I found my stay very pleasant. Great service from a caring staff, beautiful location, great food and a very friendly atmoshpere. My wife and I couldn't be more pleased.

3  Thank mercooupe50
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My wife and I met our best friends at the Columbia Gorge Hotel last weekend - Easter weekend. It could not have been better. All the employees - from the desk clerk, to the bartender, to our waiter (Todd - you're awesome...and funny) were incredibly professional, accommodating and warm. Our room was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. Our dinner the first night was a feast to remember - the seafood platter for two. I don't think we could have chosen a better place for our rendezvous!

2  Thank JohnnyBGoodPendleton
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We were pleased to see that this grand hotel has reopened. The lobby and other common areas are very inviting and the grounds are a delight to walk around. We enjoyed sitting near the fireplace enjoying a glass of wine and reading about the history of the hotel. The staff is very pleasant and it is particularly nice to be able to enjoy a fabulous dinner in the elegant dining room. The rooms are very nice and the linens very nice too. The hotel reminds us of the elegant hotels we've stayed in around Boston.

2  Thank tom052
Reviewed 30 March 2010

This is a gem to be found! The history alone is very rich and interesting! The staff is very friendly and hospitable and the hotel itself was extremely clean! My husband and I arrived after dark and so did not see to much of the garden, however we spent over an hour just walking through it the next morning taking pictures! It was absolutely gorgeous! If you go don't miss the waterfall that flows into the Columbia River in the back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple