“Delightful scents & great view.”

Hood River Lavender
Ranked #1 of 17 Shopping in Hood River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Don't miss our 12th Annual Lavender DAZE Festival, July 2 and 3rd, 2016. Live Music, BBQ, 30 Art Vendors, Massage therapists, kid's activities, Wine tasting, 1000's of lavender plants available for U-Pick, Gorgeous views and good times for all.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Walk amongst the various lavenders, as well as the sea of wild flowers. Linger on a bench and ponder the view of the ever majestic Mt. Hood! Browse the lavender store and make a purchase of culinary lavender or Pear, Cheery, and Lavender Preserves.

1  Thank santacatalina

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Landscaping is beautiful with Mt Hood background. Very relaxing place to visit. When we visited the place in middle Aug., their lavender had already finished their first bloom so didn't get to see and enjoy the purple lavender farm. There are many fruit stands nearby which is a plus.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I could have stayed all day at this U-PICK lavender farm!! The lavender fields contained about 75 different varieties of lavender, supplemented with other lovely, colorful wildflower gardens. The bees, too, were grateful for these plants. There were even some pear trees around the outer edges!

I cut my own bunch of lavender after some "bee avoidance" advice and enjoyed having it beside my bedside at my B & B. I slept deeply as I breathed in that wonderful fragrance! I also took advantage of the opportunity to bring home some wonderful handcrafted lavender bath & body products from the little gift shop there.

Don't miss this stop if you are on the Fruit Loop drive, or take a direct bead on it. Either way, you'll be delighted!

Tandy Wood,
Overland Park, KS

1  Thank Tandy38
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have always wanted to travel to the south of France in summer to see the rows of lavender growing. Well after visiting the Hood River Lavender Farm, now I don't need to. My husband and I visited on a beautiful sunny day in July. It is worth it to come here for the photos and scents of lavender alone. However, you can also pick your own lavender bouquet for $5.00. Having carried my own small lavender bouquet all the way from Paris, I cannot tell you what an amazing bargain that it. To top it off the owner was friendly and clearly loves what she is doing. Don't miss the opportunity to stop here. It is a very special place.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Yes, it is a small place. But the view are fantastic, the lavender smells heavenly, and there are shaded picnic tables. The small shop has some really nice lavender products. There was a sweet dog on the patio, as well. Made for great photo ops and you can cut a very nice $5 bouquet!

1  Thank girlfoodie