“Charmimg,relaxing stop”

Hood River Lavender
Ranked #1 of 17 Shopping in Hood River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Don't miss our 12th Annual Lavender DAZE Festival, July 2 and 3rd, 2016. Live Music, BBQ, 30 Art Vendors, Massage therapists, kid's activities, Wine tasting, 1000's of lavender plants available for U-Pick, Gorgeous views and good times for all.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were so glad we stopped here when we were in Hood River last week. The lavender was in bloom and smelled wonderful. We sat on the lovely chairs and just enjoyed the amazing smell and atmosphere! It is a small and charmimg place with a very cute gift shop. They offer lavender tea there and sell a nice variety of lavender products. There was no problem taking pictures no "photo fee" as another reviewer mentioned. The woman at the lavender farm was friendly,informative about lavender and offered to take our picture. We spent about an hour or so there and enjoyed the entire experience.

hrlavender, Owner at Hood River Lavender, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for visiting us LindaDiane5! I'm so glad you "dropped" by and enjoyed your time at our Lavender farm. Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and hope you can visit us again sometime in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hood River Lavender

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I spent a delightful, relaxing aromatic hour chatting with the owner overlooking the scenic lavender fields in the Hood River Valley. You can't help but leave relaxed after smelling the lavender for an hour and we shall reminisce about our day when we smell the lavender bouquets and pillow spray we purchased from the shoppe. The owner's passion for her farm is contagious and we are looking forward to attending the Lavender Daze Festival July 19-20th. We stumbled upon the festival last year and loved it! It doesn't get much better than smelling lavender, listening to music and wandering through the fields on a sunny day!

Thank you so much for visiting us Sheri R, and taking the time to write a review! Hope to see you at the Lavender DAZE Festival in a couple of weeks!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Prior to this trip, I had visited lavender farms but never when the lavender was in bloom. When I saw that a lavender farm was included in the loop I was so excited. And even more so when we arrived and saw row upon row of lavender in bloom. Hood River Lavender is a beautiful, tranquil setting that has been made so inviting. Unlike a prior contributor we were encouraged to take pictures and walk through the fields, not only of lavender but beautiful flower fields. I was able to cut my own bouquet of fresh lavender for only $5 and am enjoying it as I write this. There was a sweet young woman walking the grounds to answer any questions you might have and to caution you about bees. The quaint little shed where the lavender goods are sold is a perfect setting for their products. It was a clear, beautiful day and this stop was a definite plus!

Thank you for visiting us Kathyjune! So glad you had a great time and got to see the farm when the lavender was in bloom. Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and hope you can visit us again sometime!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stopped here by mistake. It was a waste of fifteen minutes on an otherwise great afternoon. The lavender crop looked dry and withered. But, as I tried my best to set up a photo shot of their best row with Mt. Hood in the background, I was "informed" by a lavender nazi there was a "photo fee." Photons are free actually. I could have walked across the road set up with a different focal length on the lens and captured just about the same photo. But, why bother.

To give you an idea of the total bunko of this outfit, its website claims," Our Organic essential oil of lavender is very helpful for tension, headaches, migraines, tired sore muscles, insomnia, congestion, nerves, depression, physical & emotional stress." You mean they didn't claim everlasting world peace and prosperity from their product? I am shocked.

Go to the brewpub in Parkdale, Ride a whitewater raft.. Windsurf the Columbia River. Ride the Hood River Train. Do a hundred other things this wonderful area has to offer. But, pass on this venue and wave as you drive by

3  Thank Ed R
hrlavender, Manager at Hood River Lavender, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We are so sorry you had a negative experience at our farm. We ONLY charge a photo fee of $35.00 for professional photographers, or if folks are posting the photos to site that they will make a profit on ( like photoshelter, etc). We just ask to be included if $ are to be made on the photos of the labor of our work.
All other folks are encouraged to take photos, and often we offer to take photos of our guests at our farm for free and there are thousands of them posted online in social media sites. We love it.
My apologies for your experience, and I trust you had a nice visit at the other stops in our area. The other attractions you mentioned are some of our favorites too!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This place is a gem! The decade old plants were just waking up from winter when we visited. We bought starter plants and they traveled on our carry on home to IL. They are growing strong! The essential oil is decadent and you will find other spa like treats for purchase. The owner was friendly and really know her lavender. This is a must stop!

1  Thank WarmHeartd
hrlavender, Owner at Hood River Lavender, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We love to hear that your plants made the trip back home and are doing well! Hope to see you again on the Lavender Farm!