“If I close my eyes and take I bite, I feel like I am in SE Asia”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mekong Thai

Mekong Thai
Ranked #58 of 139 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
oregon
“If I close my eyes and take I bite, I feel like I am in SE Asia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I live in Hood River and eat at Mekong Thai at least once a week. The food is fresh and flavorful and I haven't yet had a dish I didn't enjoy. It's true what the previous post said about the vegetables; they are not always included in the menu description but the variety of veges is what keeps bringing me back. There are always ALOT of different kind of veges offered. Yellow curry with shrimp is a personal favorite, along with the salad rolls.
Service is sincere and helpful but the food can sometimes take a bit to arrive.

Visited December 2011

Frankfurt, Germany
“Fabulous thai food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

Very nice place, very nice staff and absolutely great food! It's worth a visit when you are around.

• Visited July 2011
SoCal
“Great take out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Was recommended to Mekong Thai by a local on a recent trip through Hood River. Got there just as they opened at 5:00 pm. Staff was very pleasant, take-out order arrived in due time, food was delicious back in our hotel room. One thing...when we read the description/ingredient listing for one of our items, it did not include those things that we did NOT want in our dish and therefore we ordered it. A little disappointed when we opened our dish back in the hotel room and found those carrots that we absolutely DIDN'T want. But both dishes were delicious in flavor and serving sizes were plentiful. Just ask specific questions when ordering if ingredients matter to you :-)

• Visited August 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Food is very good, service is improving.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I'd been here once before, when they first opened. Service has improved a lot. And the food is always great. Give them a second chance for sure.

• Visited August 2011
Hood River, Oregon
“Great Food, Terrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

When we arrived on Thursday night, the restaurant was completely full. There was only one waitress (possibly the owner?) and what seemed to be a server assistant. Our drinks arrived promptly (beer and iced tea), but then we waited forever (30 minutes at least) for our food. We had ordered soup, which we never got. Finally, two of our meals arrived, but the third didn't arrive until 10 or 15 minutes later. Our water was never refilled, and we got one iced tea refill after asking for it. We also waited for a long time for the bill. We noticed people waiting to be seated that were completely ignored and eventually just left.

Luckily, the food was delicious, especially the pumpkin curry.

• Visited July 2011

Been to Mekong Thai? Share your experiences!