“Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hood River Suites

Hood River Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Hood River Suites
Ranked #5 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Olympia, Washington
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

A great find!. Comfortable clean apartment-like suites. Newly refurbished, tidy and attractive. Perfect location near our favorite shopping and eating venues. Steps from everything you want in downtown Hood River. A great value for an overnight or several day stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs units have a partial view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irene734

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

We stayed in an upstairs unit that had a view of the river (if I remember correctly). It was quite clean and having hardwood floors (fake or real, doesn't matter) through out made cleaning it extremely easy. We specifically chose this place because it had a full kitchen. It came with everything we needed to make our meals. More kitchen supplies would be handy, but what was provided worked well enough. We didn't have any interactions with any of the employees, so I can't comment on how good or bad they are. I don't recall any issues with the bed and I specifically remember the cable and internet working just fine. I think the only negative I saw was possibly pricing (although we managed to get a good deal at that moment in time) and the real kicker is the parking. It's a very small lot with a steep little entrance. I would not want to try to drive up/down it when it was icy. Street parking worked fine for us though.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Hood River Suites is in a great location near shops and restaurants. Since I like to cook on vacation, I was pleased with the kitchen was very well equipped. The apartment was nicely furnished and spacious. We could sit on the balcony and see the river. All in all a nice place to stay.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Myself and a couple friends stayed here one weekend in August. Great location - right in the center of Hood River and everything was walkable. Great price, clean, plenty of room and you can even keep it super cheap if you want cause they have a full kitchen. I slept on the pull out bed (comfy) and my friends had the room which they said was very nice. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Loved the location of Hood River Suites! We booked pretty last minute so Julie gave us a lower level room (5) but because we were staying for 6 nights she accommodated our request to move upstairs for a view later in the week! No fuss or muss, just waited for it to be cleaned and moved our things upstairs . The cleaning staff is super friendly and do an excellent job. Beds and pillows could use an upgrade is our only suggestion for improvement. We liked having the floor fan in the lower unit and wished the upstairs unit would have had one too as the noise from the street behind us is a bit loud. I'm sure if we had asked for one, Julie would,have accommodated us. Love, love, love Hood River and HRSUITES!

Room Tip: Amazing eateries & bars so close... Double Mtn Brewery, Full Sail, Pint Shack, 3rd St. Grill and...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I stayed on the 2nd floor. We were pleasantly surprised with the accomodations! We could walk to shops, restaurants and wineries. The unit was very clean and just what we needed. We didn't make meals as we were only there 2 nights, but if you are there longer it has everything you need. Would much rather have this unit than a boring hotel room. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed at the hood river suites when I was unable to book a house in the area during peak season for less than 4 nights. The website or pictures really don't do this place justice. We had a room on the 2nd floor with a view of the river. The 1 BR suite was adorable, comfortable and clean! Our friend slept on the couch which was a pull out sofa and my husband and I took the bedroom. We were expecting a small kitchenette but there was a full kitchen with all the necessary appliances.

The only downfall was the air conditioner. Since we were sharing the suite with our friend, we wanted to close the bedroom door but were unable since the room was too warm with the AC unit in the living room. We left the door open with a fan pointed the towards our room from the living room and cranked the AC to high. The AC at high was unfortunately very loud and bit disruptive to our friend. I don't know if this would be an issue normally since I believe it was unseasonably warm during our visit. I also don't know if we would have minded about the AC noise if my friend wasn't trying to sleep in the living room.

Overall, the suite was great in a fantastic location at a fabulous price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends