“Why Northwest Rafting Company is the Best Ever. Period.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Northwest Rafting Company

Northwest Rafting Company
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an award winning outfitter based in Hood River, Oregon. We offer trips in the Pacific Northwest and a few select international destinations.Our premiere trip is on Southern Oregon's Rogue River. This is a 4 day expedition through a true wilderness river perfect for both first timers and veterans alike. Kids and families love the Rogue.We also offer trips to a few of our favorite international destinations each year. Our most popular international trips are our Rafting & Cultural Tour of Bhutan and our Rafting Expedition in Siberia.
seatle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Why Northwest Rafting Company is the Best Ever. Period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We've just returned from another trip with Northwest Rafting--this time with a group of 12 friends and family on Oregon's Rogue River. I did not think it possible that this year's trip could match last year's--but it exceeded every expectation in every possible way. I am absolutely impossible to please but this team does it time and again. They are the gold standard.

But let me explain:

Organization: superb. Communication with the office is consistent, clear, and timely. There are no surprises in terms of cost, itinerary, what to bring, what to expect. We had some novice rafters on this trip and it was tremendously reassuring to them.

Safety: These guys are sticklers which is what you want on a river. Obviously they are all expert oarsmen/women. They can read water, read weather and assess situations that could turn tricky quickly and accurately. My husband has kayaked and rafted almost every river in the Northwest and when illness prevented him from personally leading our trips Zach Collier was the person he trusted to do it right.

Guides: There really aren't enough superlatives to describe Northwest Rafting Guides. We've had six or seven different guides with Northwest and each and every one of them is outstanding. They set a new standard for service: no request is too much trouble, no effort too great. Besides rowing, setting up camp and making wonderful meals they have fun doing it. You have the sense that there is nowhere else they would rather be, nothing else they'd rather be doing than taking care of you while sharing the river with you and your group. They anticipate every request, and spend the day making it the most fun for you and your group in a way that exceeds every expectation. They've been great with our kids and with our teenagers as well as with the older and aging! They are intelligent, funny, fun and also great teachers.

Which brings me to kayaking.

Two years ago our son did whitewater kayak instruction while on the Rogue with Northwest. JR, the teacher, was truly gifted. Seeing Max go down the Rogue with confidence and skill this year was amazing.

Who Should Go: Really, just about anyone. They are terrific with highly skilled rowers (my husband and his best friend) to complete novices. This year we had 12 friends and extended family. We ranged from in age from 15 to 68, fitness levels ranged from outstanding (the teenagers) to pudgy (me), but we all shared a spirit of adventure. Our novice rafters are planning next year's trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River.

Another word about the food: How do they do it? From the morning call to coffee and french toast, bacon, fruit salad, to the wild salmon and rice pilaf; from the chocolate fondu to the bananas foster; from the fajitas with fresh and flawless guacamole...I could go on.

Our family has been enriched by rafting: We've been on many trips in the Northwest, Costa Rica, Mexico, the Southwest and Africa with and without guides. And our guides for the most part have been good. But as I said earlier, Northwest has set a new standard.

If you go, you will be rewarded. It's just that good.

Visited August 2013

The Woodlands, Texas
“Family Trip on Rogue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I took my father and 8yo son on a 3 day Rogue trip with Northwest. It was Amazing! The scenery was so beautiful and the wildlife was incredible. The guides really made the trip an unforgettable experience. They were fun, well organized and we always felt safe in their care. They are great with kids! My son felt included in all of the activities and they made it feel like a true adventure for young and old. I cant wait until our next trip with Northwest Rafting!

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“4 days on the Rogue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I just got back from a 4 day rafting trip on the Rogue. This trip exceeded my expectations in all ways. The rogue is beautiful, the guides are amazing, everything is very well organized/professionally run, the food was outstanding, and overall I just had an amazing trip. You can go at your own pace throughout the whole trip (being more active in the Duckies/inflatable kayaks, or just enjoying the ride in the pack rafts). We had a wide range of ages and desired activity levels and everyone had a great time. The guides are interesting and amazing people and will help you with anything you need to enjoy the trip and have fun. My favorite parts of the trip were: paddling the Duckies, trying my hands at the oars during the easier parts of the river, getting to jump in the river between rapids (or sometimes in rapids!) and swim, being able to sit my camp chair in the water when we got to camp and enjoy a few beers, getting to meet the guides and other guests, hunting for newts, spotting Osprey and Bald Eagles, the gourmet food (especially the cheese platter), the fact that I always felt very safe, and the scenery of the rogue (which seems to get more beautiful as you round every bend). If you are even considering this trip...GO!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nell757
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Rafting/Cultural Touring trip to Bhutan with Northwest Rafting Co.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

Definitely the trip of a lifetime!! What an incredibly fun time we had, so much laughter, bonding with the group, adventure on the river, and off. I'll never forget it and feel I made friendships that will last a lifetime with some of the other participants. I so appreciate the efforts by all at NW Rafting Co. and our Bhutanese guides. The crew was professional, safety-oriented, informative, and a total blast!! They created an adventure that was also relaxing and so much fun and I always felt safe at every step of the way. They planned a great surprise on the last night - Bhutanese dancers by a bonfire w/drinks and snacks in the courtyard of our resort. I had looked into other tours and the only part NWRC itinerary lacked vs. others was attending a tshechu (festival) - however, the dancers they arranged for us to see did the same dances they do at the tshechus. So their tour had EVERYTHING I wanted to do in Bhutan PLUS rafting, at almost half the price, and I feel I had so much more fun with their group. I saw a few other tour groups staying at the same resorts as us, and they seemed much more....bored? Hard to be bored in Bhutan, but they were a lot more 'calm' then us! Thank you Zach Collier and gang for memories I will never ever forget!!

Visited November 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Awesome raft adventure down Rogue River OR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Two friends and I went on a four day trip down the Rogue river. It was one of the best adventures I have ever been on. I have been on some sweet trip abroad around Europe and South America but this raft trip was superb. The River is beautiful. A perfect mix of relaxing floats and good rapids. Saw a hand full of bears, eagles, hawks, deer and other critters. A HUGE props to the guides!! They made the trip. Camp was set up each day before we arrived, the food they cook was amazing. Best I have eaten outdoors for sure. Their knowledge was outstanding. They knew about the geology, flora, fauna, hikes, waterfalls, astronomy, and history of the river. Anything we wanted they did there best to provide.
This is the trip you dream about when thinking of the perfect river trip!

Visited August 2012