“Great Glass Blowing Studio & Gallery”

Glassometry Studios
Ranked #29 of 70 things to do in Hood River
More attraction details
Owner description: SPECIALTIES Cast Glass, Pate de Verre, Blown Glass, Hot Sculpted Glass, Metal Fabrication, Mixed Media Sculptures, and various other artistic pursuits. There is a variety of artwork in the Gallery: Spiritual, Inspirational, Decorative, Functional, Glass, Metal, Photography, Gifts and more. Price Range: $-$$$$ ARTIST/OWNER Laurel Marie Hagner is an artist and teacher with 16 years of professional experience as a leader in her field. Her passion lies in creating sacred works of art and teaching art as a method for healing. Her most powerful works reflect her journey, tell the story of our forgotten myths, and offer viewers breathing room to feel, think, and embrace the beauty and meaning in life. The images here are some of her most accomplished and inspiring. To find out more about her art, available works, and upcoming classes, please visit her website.
Phoenix, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Glass Blowing Studio & Gallery”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Visited Glassometry as part of a Memorial Day weekend drive to Hood, Or. Met the owner/artist (Laurel Marie Hagner) and some of her staff. Had a very informative and pleasant visit. Laurel is an extraordinary artist and gave me reminders of the work of Dale Chihuly. Purchased some beautiful glass vases at a very, very reasonable price and arranged to have them shipped home. Can't wait to put them on display for ourselves and our guests' enjoyment. If you're enjoying a drive through, or visit to, the Columbia River Gorge near Hood, don't pass-up a visit to Glassometry. Aside from the art work, visitors frequently get to participate in a glassblowing.

Visited May 2014

White Salmon, Washington
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Make your own ornaments”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Beautiful glass work fir sale. Great fun to watch glass blowing. My daughter made me an ornament which was engraved with the date. The ornament has to be slooowly cooled, so you have to come back for it or have it shipped.

Visited July 2013
Seattle, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice visit for an ornament making class”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We enjoyed our trip out here to design and make our own ornament. The employees were nice, helpful and careful about safety since we had kids with us.

Visited December 2013
Portland, Oregon
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thanks for going out of your way!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I drove over from Portland to check out the studio. I had been looking forward to having a day to do this for quite awhile. When I got there, I discovered the place was closed, but one of the staff members was there and let me in to see the glass. They were replacing the ceramic bowl in the gathering furnace and he explained the process which I really appreciated. Got a beautiful ornament and a glass that made me think of warm days in Maui. Thank you so much for going out of you way. You made my day!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Teresa F
houston, texas
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Class”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked a 4 hour class at the studio and it was well worth it. They jumped right in showing us how to work with molten glass. The studio is beautiful and full of interesting pieces. The staff is friendly and always ready to help. We had a great time and love the pieces we made at the class.

Visited October 2013