“Excellent desserts”
Review of Knead Bakery - CLOSED

Knead Bakery
Description: We are open Tuesday to Sunday now during the summer months, 8 am-5:30 pm We offer light breakfast, morning pastries, sandwiches, salad, desserts, and of course Artisan Breads. Parking in the back for our customers. We can also cater your events.
Monterey County, California
“Excellent desserts”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

THE place to go in town for a sweet treat - I have never had anything I haven't liked. Counter staff is sometimes inconsistent but when you get someone who is willing to help you pick out something delicious or something for a special occasion (like Valentine's Day), they are wonderful.

Visited February 2014
Feliza G, Owner at Knead Bakery, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for coming to knead and trying our offerings. We look forward to serving you again when you come back through town. The summers are fun especially when all the fruits and vegetables are in abundance since we incorporate local flavors into our bread, pastries, breakfast and lunch offerings. Again thank you!

strongsville, oh
“Wonderful Aroma”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

A small bakery with a wonderful aroma. Knead provided sweet breads for a business meeting which were outstanding. I also stopped there for lunch and had a great sandwich.

Visited September 2013
Feliza G, Owner at Knead Bakery, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thank you for commenting about knead. Yah it's great, it all smells good!
“The Knead for rustic bread”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

If you like old rustic bread go to Knead. I stopped by this artisan bakery to pick up some sandwiches for our hike. The bread taste like bread use to be made slightly crusty on the outside, firm and solid on the inside.  The sandwiches I bought had mixed field greens, light pesto and a little cheese of the day.  Wouldn't have thought a basic sandwich would taste that good.  I'm sure the water from Mt. Hood influences the taste of the bread and in a good way.  If you have a chance check out Knead you won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2013
Feliza G, Owner at Knead Bakery, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We try our best at knead to provide quality products, we are lucky here in Hood River that we have access to great ingredients. Again thank you for visiting knead.
Parkdale, Oregon, United States
“Lovely Denise”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

So many options...even Gluten Free! I was really impressed with the taste, quality and speed of service.

Visited May 2013
Feliza G, Owner at Knead Bakery, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for trying our Lovely Denise Flourless Tart, and Gluten Free. We're all very proud of this tart named after our "Cover Girl" Denise. Its tasty, smooth, maybe next time you could try our other Gluten Free options, like French Macaron in several flavors. Again thank you
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best chocolate cake ever!”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I was in Hood RIver for a Road Scholar trip on 4/23/13. My partner turned 70 years old the same day. I had surreptitiously ordered a cake for him from Knead Bakery. We arrived in Hood River just minutes before the bakery closed. A very friendly staff person got the cake for me and told me all about Hood River and various places we might eat. The cake was chocolate with caramel between the layers and butter cream frosting. We served it to six of us at a nearby brewpub after dinner. It was the MOST delicious cake I've every eaten - very dense.The next evening our entire group (26 of us) shared the remainder of the cake. Yes, that one cake was so dense that we cut it into 26 small pieces and still had one large piece left. EVERYONE loved it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jax522
Feliza G, Owner at Knead Bakery, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
I'm so glad we were able to bake a memorable cake for you and friends! Our pastry chefs are so proud of our offerings, and made with so much love and pride. Again thank you for celebrating with us!