“Pretty cool, different.”
Review of Mt. Hood Railroad

Mt. Hood Railroad
Ranked #14 of 73 things to do in Hood River
More attraction details
Owner description: Tourist railroad offering 4-hour scenic tours through the Hood River Valley to the base of Mt. Hood on a historic Excursion Train, Dinner Train or Brunch Train.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Pretty fun ride, we went during christmas where they put on a show with the elves and what-not. Nice for the kids and those who believe in santa.

Meagan B, Manager at Mt. Hood Railroad, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a nice review of your trip with us. We hope to see you in the near future! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Last night my family and I kids 5,6,and 8. Went on the polar express for the first time and were very disappointed. First when I gave the kids there "golden tickets" my kids were very sad...they weren't gold! not even close...at least print on paper that looks gold. My little girl was almost in tears. We purchased 6 upgraded tickets in the upper dome. It was so miserably hot everyone on there was complaining. There was no singing like it showed on the video on your website....the music and story were so quite my kids didn't even know what was going on. and the north pole was a joke! The north pole is supposed to be magical. Not a few strings of lights. My kids see better lights driving around our neighborhood. Thank god I had purchased coloring books for them other wise they would have been complaining the whole time. They wanted to go home as soon as they saw Santa. A very disappointed family and mom. We will never be going on the polar express again. False advertisement.

3  Thank melissa o

Thank you for joining us on the Polar Express. I'm sorry that you felt it was too hot in the Upper Dome car. We try and keep the heat at a comfortable temperature for all passengers. Our North Pole is a large building and although we have spent thousands of dollars on lights and decorations I realize that not everyone is satisfied with the end result. We will continue to add decorations every year as we have done in the past years. I'm glad your children enjoyed the color books and hope they enjoyed the other activities and excitement on the train such as Santa, the Hobo, the Conductor and singing Christmas carols. On behalf of the Mt. Hood Railroad I would like to wish you and your family a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We did the Hood River Train ride including the Murder Mystery Dinner. We brought some friends and had a great time. The food served was great. A four course dinner is part of the package. The Murder Mystery was done by some very fun actors. The diners get involved also making it lots of fun. The train travels toward Mt Hood and the scenery is great. We all had a very good time. This was our second time and would recommend it to anyone wanting a good time.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I, like one of your other passengers, booked this trip for myself and my sister and 3 other friends, for my sister's birthday. It's one of the best gifts I think i've ever given her. Thanks so much for a wonderful time. The food was so good...my sister had the salmon, and the rest of us had the chicken...everything was great, and the cheesecake at the end was wonderful. Your staff is very helpful and friendly, and we had such a great time with your cast of characters for the "murder"...We took this trip on Oct. 26th so you must know which of your staff should be credited with one of the most enjoyable evenings I've had in a while. I am a local here, and have never actually riden this before, but rest assured, when I have out of town guests, we will be back. Thanks so very much

1  Thank Gail B
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We live only an hours drive from the Hood River Railroad but it was still one of those well known "near home" attractions that you've never seen. Now, having taken the trip I thing I would pass if the day were not reasonably bright and sunny and the trees were bare.

There is a running narrative about the railroad and the area and the miles and miles of fruit orchards. This is a really relaxing, enjoyable and educational trip even if you have to take more than an hour to get there. Try to make it, as we did, during Hood Rivers annual "Harvest Festival" in October. Can't go wrong. Makes a great weekend.

1  Thank Gary G