“Quiet, Convenient & Amazing Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Oak Street Hotel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
Clifton, New Jersey
“Quiet, Convenient & Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was looking for a last minute place to stay in Hood River and saw this B&B with a vacancy and stopped. I'm thrilled that I did! The place not only had a lovely room for the night, but also provided directions around the downtown area and one of the best breakfasts that I had on my two week trip in California/Oregon. I'm not typically a fan of the B&B lifestyle, I often feel as I'm intruding on someone's home, but they all made me feel very welcome and having my own gigantic bathroom helped a lot. My room was nice, filled with lots of well-stuffed pillows. And about that breakfast. The woman running the food made some amazing oatmeal dish that may have ruined me for other oatmeal of the rest of my life, quickly whipped up a made-to-order organic egg and made this delicious fruit yogurt cup. The room was great, but I'd 100% stay there again for the breakfast alone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Adrienne H, Manager at Oak Street Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you SO much for the lovely review. We really enjoyed hosting your stay. Do come visit again...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Really convenient location. There are good restaurants, shopping, brew pubs and wineries within walking distance. Pleasant little place. Quaint. Well-decorated. A house turned into a hotel. I do not think I would want to stay there for an extended time, but for a night or two it is delightful. Each room is slightly different. There is WiFi. Old school TVs - if that matters to you. (does not to us!). A fridge in the room Pleasant area to congregate in the "living room" and a nice, light breakfast to be eaten in the "dining room".

Room Tip: Rooms in front have street noise until later at night. One of the rooms in back was quite a bit sma...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OutdoorBoomer
Adrienne H, Manager at Oak Street Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you kindly for stopping by and providing a review; we strive to "delight" our guests with all the little things we have to offer! Do stop in again.
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We turned up in Hood River late one day in early October without any reservations and just stopped at Oak Street purely on their vacancy sign. It was a very fine place to stay overnight, well placed on the edge of the small downtown area and right next door to an excellent restaurant. We also managed to get an excellent recommendation to get to Bend on the following day via the John Day Fossil Beds and the Painted Hills. We had no real problems with traffic noise but this sort of thing tends not to bother us anyway.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Adrienne H, Manager at Oak Street Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you kindly. We are so glad you bumped into our little treasure of a hotel! We definitely have location as we are on the quiet edge of quaint downtown Hood River. Do stop in again sometime!
Jefferson, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Loved this quaint little hotel ( really a bed and breakfast) but they call it a hotel because each suite has its own bathroom. We stayed in a two bedroom which was just great as my husband and I were traveling with my 91 yr. old father. Nice breakfast on the porch in the morning..close to town so we walked to dinner in the evening. What a great little town, and everyone was so nice. Would love to return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly! We really enjoy what we do here at the Oak Street Hotel...helping nice people make great memories here in Hood River and the Columbia Gorge. We hope to see you again! Each season holds a different sort of magic for travelers.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Nice rooms, but on the streetside noisy at times. I don't remember what room we were in, but it was a bit annoying to have headlights of cars shining in the room. Not super friendly at reception.
We left after 1 night, but this kind of hotel is just not our taste, so it could be us...
Breakfast was great I must say. Location is good, but found price too hight for what you get.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Adrienne H, Manager at Oak Street Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you kindly for your feedback. I am so sorry the headlights disturbed your rest. We provide each room with a roller shade to prevent this, and I will make sure our staff is more vocal when checking our street side guests into their rooms. You mention our location, which is a great feature since we are on the quiet edge of downtown. Unfortunately this does lend itself to more traffic. I am so very glad you noticed breakfast! We have been working very diligently to provide an elegant farm to table experience each morning for our guests. Should you ever return to the Gorge, please consider staying with us again. I would recommend room 5 or room 8, both located on the back side of our quaint historic hotel. I would appreciate the opportunity to change your opinion of our home. Again, thank you for your response.
Edmonds, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, basic but clean accommodations, nearby shopping and restaurants, these are my main takeaways from our stay at the Oak Street Hotel in Hood River, Oregon. I would recommend Room 5 as it has a great view of the Columbia River and even afforded us a wonderful view of the sunrise in the morning. Plus, being on the back side of the hotel, we weren't bothered by the traffic and street noise. Since it was seasonably warm we had to use the air conditioner all night which didn't seem to have a functioning thermostat, forcing us to turn it on and off periodically. Only later did we realize we would have been more comfortable just opening the windows at the head of the bed. The bathroom--toilet and shower--was small but adequate, with the sink located in a corner of the room. We were surprised to have a small refrigerator, convenient for keeping our drinks cold. The country breakfast was fresh, tasty and ample. We ate in the dining room but we could have taken our breakfast out on the porch or even to the lovely little patio out front. While you are about 7 blocks from the center of town, there were several restaurants within a block or two, even an ice cream shop which was very popular.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon L
Adrienne H, General Manager at Oak Street Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you kindly Sharon for spending some time in our quaint hotel! We have begun our fabulous three course breakfast fresh from our farm just this summer, and I am so glad to see guests are noticing and appreciating our morning fare! Please do come again!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I very much enjoyed my one-night stay at the Oak Street Hotel. Before my arrival, I got an e-mail from Adrienne Happy, Lodging Administrator, with the name and phone number of a taxi to take me to my conference. My room was small but nice, and it came with a bowl of almonds and a jug of cold water, very welcome on a hot day.

No tub or TV in the room, but the sauna more than made up for that.

When I told the desk clerk I'd have to check out before breakfast in the morning, she arranged to leave me a sack of muffins and fruit to take along.

All in all, a good experience for a place that I just booked into when
my conference hotel was full.

Room Tip: This room is, as advertised, for ONE person. AC noisy but effective.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jmz1066
Adrienne H, General Manager at Oak Street Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
We were so happy to have you stay with us! Hope to see you again the next time your journey brings you to Hood River.