“Steaks and Ribs - you can't go wrong”
Review of The Mesquitery

The Mesquitery
Ranked #25 of 140 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Hood River, OR
“Steaks and Ribs - you can't go wrong”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We raised our children with special dinner at the Mesquitery ... and we still love to go here when we're back home. Chris always greets us with a big smile and welcome as soon as the door opens ... and we know the food is going to be wonderful. I often enjoy the t-bone -- it's a huge steak and grilled to a medium-rare perfection ... and yes, sometimes part of it goes home for lunch the next day. Ken usually gets the Pollo Vaquero. We also love their BBQ Baby Backs and the Prime Rib... and for desserts their Apple Crisp and Swedish Cream are wonderful. But a little, usually skipped over, joy on their menu is their green salads. Their blue-cheese dressing is to die for and the salad just looks so fresh and tastes fantastic!! The Mesquitery is up on the heights -- away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Make a point to plan for a great dinner here -- you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013

milwaukie
“Yum! Great food”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My husband and I made a trip to Hood River and met up with our daughter and grandaughter at the Mesquitery for dinner. Our dinner was delicious. The first course was a wonderful shrimp meatball soup with noodles,asian flair. I will have to admit I think it was the best soup I have ever had. Our porterhouse steak was grilled over mesquite perfectly. Our grandaughter had a handcrafted rasberry milkshake that was to die for. I think they gave the front a new face lift and it looks great. We for sure will return on our next trip to Hood River. It is a beautiful place to visit.

• Visited June 2013
Texas
“Fabulous Steak & Dessert!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We had skipped lunch in our travels so my husband and I were in need of some substantial food. We came across The Mesquitery in Hood River after driving in from Portland. We both chose the 14 oz Ribeye and baked potato. The steaks were perfectly grilled and fabulous! The only thing lacking was some type of bread-dinner roll or something. However the quality of the steak quickly made us forget the lack of bread. Then ... We decided to share a dessert. So many great choices. We chose something neither of us had had before- Swedish Crem with warm loganberry sauce. OMG ... An experience beyond words. I immediately started looking for a recipe so we could duplicate this great dessert! Wait staff ... Very attentive and took great care us. If we ever return to this area we will definitely make a return visit.

Visited May 2013
Aloha, Oregon
“Eat here (after 4:30)!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My friend and I each ordered the steak arrachera. Her piece was smaller than mine, so before they brought it out, the waiter (owner?) asked if they could supplement her dinner with some shrimp. These weren't little bay shrimp, they were eight large, grilled prawns, equally as delicious as the steak! My friend also ordered a side of fettucini Alfredo, and it was such a large portion that she couldn't finish it all. We also each ordered a side of vegetable, which was fresh broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, Yum! For dessert, I ordered the Italian creme, which was covered in a berry sauce and SO delicious! Be sure to seek out this restaurant the next time you are in Hood River!

• Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“No large parties”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

NO SEPARATE CHECKS PLEASE
GROUPS OF 6 OR MORE, 17% GRATUITY WILL BE ADDED (on website and menu)
Once Gratuity is decided ahead of time the service standards are dropped and your table gets minimum attention while servers focus on the tables that have not decided how much is appropiate. I'm very generous to servers having waited tables for years myself. Very dissapointed on this visit when the gratuity is set the server stops trying to earn it.
As far as separate checks, current technology allows for easily presenting separate checks to groups of two, why not three groups of two sitting at one table?

• Visited March 2013