“Stunning inside and out”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Sakura Ridge - The Farm and Lodge
Ranked #3 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
leicestershire
“Stunning inside and out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

What a lovely place! The lodge is spacious and comfortable and the outlook to Mt Hood is perfect. Guest rooms are large and very comfortable, and the shared space for guests is magnificent, encouraging guests to meet each other. Breakfast is friendly, stylish and very tasty. The whole atmosphere is totally relaxed. The rate is among the highest for a B&B, but it is good value for such an exceptional place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Augusta, Ga.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

The Sakura Ridge Lodge is a hidden gem. The views of Mt. Hood are breath taking. You are so close you can feel the cool breeze from the snow covered mountain. The Lodge is beautiful and quiet. No TV's but who needs one when you can sit and look at the view. The owners run a great Inn. The working farm is nice. Breakfast was great. Make sure you say hello to Oscar (cat) he loves to be scratched behind his ears. If you visit the Hood River area Sakura Ridge should be your choice.

Room Tip: The Mt. Hood room was great. Ground floor private patio was nice with a great view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Blind-Willie
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

It's been over a year (even this says 2011) since my sister and I visited Sakura, but it's left an indelible impression. We arrived on a lazy afternoon in late September and found a note on the lodge front door welcoming us and explaining that the owner was in the orchards and to make ourselves at home in our room, where the key was left for us. How quaint is that! The room was simply and elegantly decorated with a super comfortable bed, complete with down comforter. Our deck overlooked Mt. Hood to the right, and the meadows below. We arrived hungry, and asked if there were stores nearby where we could grab something to eat, even though we were tired and didn't feel like leaving the tranquil, beautiful setting. Our hostess graciously brought us a lovely presentation of gourmet finger foods, featuring their home grown cherries (even though this was not a featured item with the stay). There was a bottle of wine in the room which could be purchased for a reasonable sum, so we were off and running, dining on our spacious deck. We took leisurely walks around the property -- through the cherry orchards -- and with no one around, it was ideal. The decor of the lodge is perfectly decorated in a rustic, upscale style, and is immaculate in every way. Our host explained sites of interest in town, and a bit of the history of the place. It's a visit I would love to repeat one day.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HppyWanderer
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

I should start by saying I have stayed at Sakura numerous times over the last number of years so I feel that I'm an expert on this lodge. Regardless of how many trips I take to the lodge the property still blows my mind every time. Photos cannot do the view of Mount Hood justice. The grounds and lodge are straight out of a magazine. Deanna (the owner)is known in the Hood River area for having the most impeccably clean guest rooms and for having over the top beautiful breakfast fare. The presentation of the room and the meal always inspires me to go home and try and recreate a little bit of her style at my own home. My husband has a wheat and dairy allergy and Deanna has always worked around his food issues. This is VERY important to us since he is extremely sensitive. She prepares items that are seasonal and from the farm. Every single meal I've had at Deanna's table has been unique, creative, and most of all.....DELISH! I've had Asian inspired food and of course I've also been treated to Marta's traditional mexican breakfast. If you have the chance to stay on a Saturday morning this is an incredible treat.
The lodge is located away from town and nestled up in the hills allowing for a wonderful view. It's quiet here and the owners encourage you to walk the grounds and take in the farm experience. It's quiet, beautiful, and relaxing. Go here with your husband for some alone time or get your best friend and treat yourself to this incredible experience. Oh, and stay two nights....one just won't be enough!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful, however, the Orchard Room is my favorite. Its off the main house an...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I came to Sakura expecting quality - was definately not disappointed in that respect. What I wasn't expecting was the education I received from the very patient and accommodating owners. The organic farm, the animals, the bees - I had tons of questions about all of it and John fielded them all and generally put up with me. When it came to putting all the fresh produce and herbs together, Sakura Ridge excelled. Lastly, I'm a coffee snob-high honors there too. Fun place to meet up with extended family-great mix of private and common space. My wife and I could join in with others but still get away for some quality time on our own. Perfect-thanks!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Let's start with what I loved. The farm was beautiful and it was so fun to visit the animals. The lodge itself is spacious and well-decorated in a style that is definitely rustic/ranch. The town of Hood River, several miles away, is wonderful and I will DEFINITELY come back to H.R. Can't say enough good things about the Columbia Gorge.

Regarding drawbacks, we went in winter, and our room was a bit drafty and chilly, and there was no bathtub or fireplace (though interestingly enough the toilet seat was heated). The proprietors were pleasant people, but when we asked about lighting a fire in the common area (there wasn't a fireplace in our room), the proprietor became pretty unhappy and was adamant that we could not build a fire when we got back from dinner. I understand him not wanting to damage the property, but both my husband and I have plenty of experience lighting fires and were fine following his instructions to a tee. Even after my husband conveyed that to him, the proprietor was adamant that we couldn't light a fire. Eventually, very reluctantly, he relented, but it put a damper on things.

I also found a lot of dustbunnies around the bed, which isn't a huge deal except I'm really allergic to dust and all the previous reviewers were talking about it being "immaculate," etc. and I'm just reporting that that wasn't my experience -- my allergies acted up.

Lastly, the breakfast was just ok. Our first day there, the breakfast was fine -- the owner was taking a much-needed break and I was actually very pleased with the cold breakfast of farm-raised hard boiled eggs, mini muffins, yogurt, honey, and granola. The second day, we had a 9 a.m. meal served, but it was a bit strange, honestly. Greens, radishes, miso soup, and fried rice. Would've been a fine lunch. Guess I'm a breakfast traditionalist. There was a sticky bun from a local bakery and yummy juice, so it wasn't a total miss.

In all, I respect and applaud the proprietors for what they are doing, as it is no easy task. Running a big farm like that as well as being in the hospitality industry is undoubtedly very difficult. I really appreciate the hospitality they showed my husband and I but I also wanted to present a balanced and honest review.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, you might want to go for one of the Mount Hood-facing rooms. In winter it'...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank slowdiva
SakuraFarm, Owner at Sakura Ridge - The Farm and Lodge, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
We attempt to make every stay the best for all guests and apologize we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for valuable feedback.
Tigard, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We picked Sakura Ridge because of TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed, it was very nice and very comfortable. My recollection is probably not as "sterling" as it might be because I was coming down with a cold.

Our room was the only one available, and has almost no view, but was very nice. The building was warm & comfortable in the shared spaces. The breakfast was quite good and a bit to the "healthy" side.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple