“Great romantic and peaceful place to escape”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Sakura Ridge - The Farm and Lodge
Ranked #3 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2008

Staying at Sakura Ridge was the perfect way to relax, rejuvinate and reconnect. We loved the Mt Hood Room - even though a bath tub only option was a challenge. The view, the food, the hosts and the whole experience were great!! The pears were ready to be harvested. The tranquility was was addicting. I'm sure we were not the only couple ready to relocate and become B&B owners in Mt. Hood. Deanna and John were great hosts. Even though John was busy working he took the time to sit with us during a fabulous breakfast of fresh beets, potatoes and a poached egg, accompanied by the biggest fresh blackberries I've ever seen, harvested right there at the farm. Amazing place, wonderful experience. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2008

I found this place online when looking for a place to stay for our anniversary. It is hands down the most beautiful place we have ever stayed at. The photos do not do it justice! The place is absolutely immaculate, with so much attention placed on the details it is incredible! The lodge is fairly new and the entire place smells of exposed wood and fresh laundry. I couldn't imagine a more relaxing place to be! The location is wonderfully close to Hood River, if you are looking to explore some nice restaurants to eat. Also, the view is MAGNIFICENT! From left to right outside your porch you will see rolling hills with the glorious Mt. Hood in the background. The breakfast is to die for, but honestly it is just the cherry on top, because everything else about this place is stunning!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I took my girlfriend on the fruit loop tour and was able to book one night at Sukura Ridge. Our room was very clean and comfortable, and the little fridge was perfect for keeping our wine and cheese cold for the next day.

The surroundings are beautiful and include a great view of Mt. Hood. The breakfast was Amazing! Coffee on the deck was very relaxing.

Thank you Deanna for a perfect stay!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2008

We stayed at Sakura Ridge for our 10th anniversary. We couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. As soon as we drove up to the property, we were amazed by the beautiful scenery and the quiet tranquility of the property. The lodge itself is gorgeous, and the rooms are perfectly deocorated with very nice amenities (including a heated toilet seat with bidet). Deanne, the hostess, is very gracious and makes incredible breakfasts. I would recommend Sakura Ridge for anyone looking for a peacful, relaxing getaway. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2008

Was in Hood River on business and had heard of this property and wanted to stay there. Their web site did not do the Lodge justice but word of mouth made me believe this would be a good experience.

The Lodge is on a working farm so the first thing encounter is the tall (deer proof) farm gate that could be a challenge for one person to close behind them. I thought the Innkeeper should put a web cam up and then post on Youtube. Once you get the gate, it is easy but city folk like me took a couple of times to make it happen, and I was laughing at myself so hard, it made it more challenging. However, staying at the lodge is so worth it.

The majestic log lodge that overlooks the Hood River Valley is spectacular. Very comfortable with a covered porch running the full length of the valley side of the house, so there are views everywhere.

The rooms are really comfortable and the bathrooms have bidets which are so unusual in the USA. The Innkeepers are striving for being truly green. Countertops in the Innkeeper kitchen are made of recycled paper and the floors are recycled cork. They said they were putting solar panels on the roof to supplement their electric use.

Breakfast was scumptous too! Note the beautiful organic gardens
in the photos that provides many items for breakfast.

I wasn't there when the organic cherry and pear trees bloom but I bet it is beautiful and smells good when they do. I would love to have tasted the jams from these trees, maybe next time because I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank Downpat
Reviewed 18 July 2007

This inn was beautiful. It's a great place for a small family reunion - since you have the entire house to yourself (the owners live in a house next door), and I think there are 4 bedrooms. The kids ride the tractors on the farm, pick the organic fruit, help prepare breakfast, swing on the indoor wooden swing in the family room (really!) We enjoyed the fluffy down comforters, the gourmet food, and the relaxed enviroment. It was one of the finest places that we have ever stayed.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2006

When my Husband and I travel, we like to look online to find new places to stay. This past summer when we planned a trip to the OR beach, we decided to stop somewhere in the wine country for a couple of days and ended up picking the Sakura Ridge in Hood River. I have to tell you, we loved our stay there!

You can google them to find their website, and note, the pictures they have on line do not do them justice. Not only is this B&B slightly away from the crowds of the down town area, but it is located on a working orchard. The rooms spoil you and the hosts are such nice people who’s cooking is superb. You will not be disappointed. We loved our stay, and can’t wait to go back.

10  Thank Joy T