“I'm home when I am here!”
Review of Panorama Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Panorama Lodge
Ranked #13 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Breath taking views, great space, and cozy atmosphere. The rooms were wonderful. The location is amazing and one couldn't ask for a better view. We had everything we needed for a wonderful girls weekend away.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Omkaruna
There are newer reviews for Panorama Lodge

Reviewed 23 September 2010

My extended family gathered at the lodge for our annual family reunion. I planned the event for the year and had booked the lodge based on reviews and location. I was extremely glad I arrived at the lodge before anyone else. While doing the walk-through with Linda, I noticed a cat had used the upstairs carpet as a litter box. Linda did a half hearted effort at cleaning the mess and came back with some spot remover. The lower level of the lodge smelled badly of urine. I opened all of the doors and windows to air out the smell. During the weekend stay, we found another pile of cat droppings that we had to clean up. In general, the place was not up to expectations for cleanliness. The place was very obviously hand crafted and did not appear to meet code. The building is poorly constructed and the electrical system is sketchy at best.

The location of the lodge is perfect. It's close to town, but definitely out in the woods and quiet. The view of Mt. Hood from the upper deck is incredible.

I would not recommend this location to anyone based on my experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Corky063
Reviewed 22 May 2010

We enjoy see everyone it hope that we can have a go again next year and we all sleep great and it feels like home and peacefull and really quite and the view as great and friendly staff was there if needed thank you Steve and Debbie and Craig Lowell

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Wonderful place for a family reunion. Enjoyed the plants and bird feeders. And the view of Mt Hood.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2010

The lodge is a wonderful log cabin set in a rustic enviornment with a impeccable view of Mt. Hood. The grounds are abound with many native plants and colorful historic items displayed and accessible. Lee and Linda are the most delightful couple and I couldn't have wished for more friendly hosts. They are both very caring and attentive to all of our needs and requests. The Breakfast was out of this world, I could eat their huckleberry pancakes for the rest of my days and be the happiest little bear. Their custom made omelets were filling and very healthy. Lee and Linda are knowledgeable about the area and have wonderful resources about great hikes and recreation activities, as well as the best local restaurants. My wife loved the cozy atmosphere, it was like a home away from home. Thanks again for showing us a wonderful time and being so kind. We will surely see you both again soon.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joemama2010
Reviewed 8 January 2010

We read positive reviews about the Panorama Lodge so we decided to try it out for our first wedding anniversary. When we arrived, we found that the owners were on a month-long trip and had asked someone to run the place for them (they didn't bother to tell us this beforehand).

The visiting innkeeper was nice enough, but definitely should learn more about running a hospitality business. Our bed was never made once and the bedroom and bathroom were not cleaned the entire time we were there. Because they emphasized privacy and having a weekend to ourselves, we figured they were just trying to give us our space, but we would have appreciated a little more cleanliness. The weird thing was that there was only one other party there while we stayed, and the visiting innkeeper decided to put them, and their new baby, in the room across the hall from us--why would they not separate us more? Perhaps it was because they had friends come later that day and wanted the entire downstairs to themselves...

We planned to snowboard a couple days at Mt. Hood, so we were getting up early. The visiting innkeeper didn't get up until almost 8:30 a.m., when we had wanted to be well on our way and were expecting to have breakfast ready when we went downstairs more than an hour before he got up. Unfortunately, the breafkast was far below our expectations and experiences at other B&Bs (my husband had a really bad omelet), and we ended up making our own breakfast the other two days (I just ate cold cereal). The breakfast we've experienced at other B&Bs have been amazing feasts! I didn't expect to be eating cold cereal, and for my husband to be making his own eggs.

Because most of the reviews rave about the owners, if you're going to try the Panorama Lodge, we would recommend going when the owners are not out of town.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SnowboardGirlCA
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We stayed in the downstairs aka "the basement with paper plates of rules tacked to every wall". Our bedroom and the neighboring room smelled of old onions. I have a good nose and thought it was me but my friends confirmed it. Considering that neither room actually had windows which means that they are not technically bedrooms, they can't be aired out. They said the kitchen was a full kitchen, not true. Our pillow cases and quilt had stains (bodily fluid?)on them but we tried to drink enough wine to ignore them. Considering the room smelled of onions, I'm guessing the linens weren't clean or it's where they keep old hoagies, we never figured it out. There was a group upstairs and we could hear every movement of theirs when then walked around and their baby cried. No one had a good night of sleep. Fortunately, we had a nice group of people, good food, outdoor activities and games to keep our mind off of the place. Overall, it was a complete dump that should be used for storage, not for humans to inhabit.
The upstairs did look nice from what I saw and the locations is great. My point here is: if they say they will rent you the downstairs, don't do it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort

Been to Panorama Lodge? Share your experiences!