“A charming and economical B&B- 5 stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hood River BnB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Hood River BnB
Ranked #4 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“A charming and economical B&B- 5 stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

I traveled to Hood River, OR for a friends wedding at a nearby winery. After reviewing the numerous B&B's in the area, the Hood River B&B seemed to be the best combination of economy and comfort...and the experience matched my expectations. Even when booking my stay, Jane, the owner was friendly and helpful. My only regret was that I wasn't able to stay longer!

The room was clean, comfortable with a great view of the Columbia River. The bathroom was also clean, right across the hall with a stand-up shower and toiletries provided, if needed. Nothing fancy, but shower pressure was good (which is something I take note of, seriously!)

Breakfast was delicious crepes, and local, fresh fruit (made by Jim, who apparently perfected the recipe while living in France).

There is a nice sitting area indoors with tons of books and a patio overlooking the river, which I did not have time to experience, unfortunately. The owners were always helpful and friendly. Jane even drove me down the street to meet the shuttle to the wedding. They also were welcoming to my guests who were staying in other locations around town.

Overall, very hospitable, friendly, knowledgable about the area with a lovely little B&B. Fantastic town, trip and accommodations. Thank you for making my experience in Hood River so memorable!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

I recently spent 4 nights at the Hood River BnB, and would happily stay there again.

I am primarily an adventure traveler. Jane and Jim, the proprietors, are also active people. They were able to recommend hiking trails and other activities from their personal experience. One of their recommendations, the Tawanamas Falls trail, I had never heard of, but it ended up being the best hike of my trip. Their personal experience of the active life added a lot of quality to their recommendations, and we had fun talking about various hikes, activities, etc. I liked both of them very much.

The food was good - huckleberry pancakes, ham and eggs, steel-cut oats, crepes. Every meal came with at last 8 types of fresh fruit. There were 2 dozen types of teas, as well as organic orange juice, coffee, cereal, granola, etc. The view from the breakfast table is of the Columbia Gorge, and was a wonderful way to start the day.

I stayed in the sun room upstairs. This room is surrounded by windows that let in light and air. I lay in bed at night watching the sun set over the gorge, and woke watching it rise. It made for the loveliest start to my day. The bed was large and extremely comfortable, with lots of extra blankets available if you want them. The room includes a sitting area and a desk. There are iPod docking alarm clocks. The bathroom is huge with a deep sunken tub and endless hot water. Jane provides thick towels and accessories like makeup wipes and a hair dryer. There was a drying rack for my hiking clothes. Downstairs is a common area with comfortable sofas, and a TV with lots of DVDs for the off time.

The location is just a few blocks from the Hood River City Center - an only 3 blocks walk from the first couple of restaurants. It is easy to leave your car there and walk into town for meals, which saves you the cost of the parking meters.

I was completely happy with this BnB and if I ever return to Hood River, I will absolutely stay their again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank RedK
Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hood River BnB. The room and private bath were quite large with a seating area, walk-in closet and fabulous views. The bath had a large jetted soaking tub with a double sink vanity. Breakfast was scrumptious and our hosts friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank in_tandem03
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

Unless you like phony or foo foo this is a great choice.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2008

Several months before my trip I called and spoke with owner and made a reservation. I gave her my credit card number and informed her that I would call the day of my arrival. Having never been to the West coast, I was looking forward to a well-deserved trip for myself. However, when I called (mind you, I was on the Lewis and Clark Trail), to let her know that I was on my way; she said that I had missed my reservation. Confused, I asked how this was possible; as I did not reserve a room for a time that I owuld not be in the state. She informed me that I was supposed to be there the previous weekend. She never called or charged my card; therefore, one might assume that they made the mistake and were trying to get out of it . She refused to look in her book that keeps all of her reservations in it, and she refused to admit that she made the mistake. I was over a thousand miles away from home and had nowhere to stay. From now on, I will never book a stay without a confirmation number. How unprofessional and inconsiderate.

• Disliked — Their inability to mange their estabishment
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank jennings192
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2008

This was a wonderful place to stay. Jim and Jane made us very welcome, generously lent us tools for our bikes, and gave plenty of good information about local sights and restaurants. The room was really a suite, with generous changing and sitting areas, a pretty quilted double bed, wonderful views over the Columbia River towards the mountains...and to top it all, a wonderful his and hers bathroom with an extra-large massage bath - excellent for a birthday celebration!
The breakfast crepes are enjoyable the morning after, too. I liked sharing the meal with other guests and our hosts. All in all it was a memorable experience.

• Liked — Great bath!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2008

This is a great B&B, 5 minutes walk from the centre of Hood River. My husband and I stayed in the Mountain Room - great view of Mt Adams and the Columbia River. We shared a bathroom with one other room. It was kept clean.

Cooked breakfasts were great - different every day. After much debate we decided our favourite was the pancakes. All guests are encouraged to sit around the table with our hosts, Jim and Jane.

They made us feel very welcome. They are willing to chat or leave you to your privacy - as you want. Free access to internet during stay was much appreciated.

Great choice and good value for money.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)