“Fantastic B&B in Hood River”
Review of Hood River BnB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Hood River BnB
Ranked #3 of 12 Hood River B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We had a great time in Hood River. We drove from Seattle and arrived rather late, but Jane was up and made us feel very welcome. The room was very clean, spacious and had a great view. The breakfasts were great, home cooked fayre served in the breakfast room with a great view. Both of them were very helpful in planning our trip for the few days we were there. Not the cheapest place in the world, but it was a good quality place and I'd still recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at Hood River BnB for two nights, and we loved it. The owner, Jane, is a very nice lady, who makes you feel welcomed and at home.
The house is very nice, so was our room. If you stay in the BnB during autumn or winter, I suppose you would use the nice living room more than we did. The location is prefect, just a couple of blocks from the "city center".
The breakfasts served were very tasty, with lots of fresh fruit, but big eaters might not get completely full.
We would definitely go back to Hood River, for the kite and wind surfing, and to stay at Hood River BnB.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed in the Mountain room, what a nice view it had. We had a fantastic breakfast; there was so much fresh fruit to go with our frittata and toast.
The only drawback to this place was that the room with a view has no private bath. This always makes me a little nervous as I try to hurry my shower for others. Other than that, the place is lovely and I hope to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank goldiep
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Three of us stayed in the two smaller bedrooms upstairs for four nights during a mountain bike camp held in HR. We love Jane and Jim, their home and their breakfasts.

The rooms are very well appointed and clean. The welcome is warm, and we were made to feel right at home.

The owners accomodated us with a very nice cot in the room for the third woman in our party, and the value was great.

We truly loved being so close to town that once we parked the car for the evening after a day on the trails we could just walk to all the bars and restaurants. The view for breakfast is lovely.

The only reason I did not give sleep quality five stars is that I am used to windows open and total silence where I live, and the B and B is on a road with some traffic. So, we opted for closed windows the last two nights, and sleep was not an issue.

Will come back if my travels ever take me to the area again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christina C
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I've stayed here many times and love it. It's a nice casual place that makes you feel more like you are staying with friends. The location is great, the bed/linens are comfortable, and the breakfast is fantastic! They even baked us a cake for my husbands birthday. You can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I traveled to Hood River, OR for a friends wedding at a nearby winery. After reviewing the numerous B&B's in the area, the Hood River B&B seemed to be the best combination of economy and comfort...and the experience matched my expectations. Even when booking my stay, Jane, the owner was friendly and helpful. My only regret was that I wasn't able to stay longer!

The room was clean, comfortable with a great view of the Columbia River. The bathroom was also clean, right across the hall with a stand-up shower and toiletries provided, if needed. Nothing fancy, but shower pressure was good (which is something I take note of, seriously!)

Breakfast was delicious crepes, and local, fresh fruit (made by Jim, who apparently perfected the recipe while living in France).

There is a nice sitting area indoors with tons of books and a patio overlooking the river, which I did not have time to experience, unfortunately. The owners were always helpful and friendly. Jane even drove me down the street to meet the shuttle to the wedding. They also were welcoming to my guests who were staying in other locations around town.

Overall, very hospitable, friendly, knowledgable about the area with a lovely little B&B. Fantastic town, trip and accommodations. Thank you for making my experience in Hood River so memorable!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I recently spent 4 nights at the Hood River BnB, and would happily stay there again.

I am primarily an adventure traveler. Jane and Jim, the proprietors, are also active people. They were able to recommend hiking trails and other activities from their personal experience. One of their recommendations, the Tawanamas Falls trail, I had never heard of, but it ended up being the best hike of my trip. Their personal experience of the active life added a lot of quality to their recommendations, and we had fun talking about various hikes, activities, etc. I liked both of them very much.

The food was good - huckleberry pancakes, ham and eggs, steel-cut oats, crepes. Every meal came with at last 8 types of fresh fruit. There were 2 dozen types of teas, as well as organic orange juice, coffee, cereal, granola, etc. The view from the breakfast table is of the Columbia Gorge, and was a wonderful way to start the day.

I stayed in the sun room upstairs. This room is surrounded by windows that let in light and air. I lay in bed at night watching the sun set over the gorge, and woke watching it rise. It made for the loveliest start to my day. The bed was large and extremely comfortable, with lots of extra blankets available if you want them. The room includes a sitting area and a desk. There are iPod docking alarm clocks. The bathroom is huge with a deep sunken tub and endless hot water. Jane provides thick towels and accessories like makeup wipes and a hair dryer. There was a drying rack for my hiking clothes. Downstairs is a common area with comfortable sofas, and a TV with lots of DVDs for the off time.

The location is just a few blocks from the Hood River City Center - an only 3 blocks walk from the first couple of restaurants. It is easy to leave your car there and walk into town for meals, which saves you the cost of the parking meters.

I was completely happy with this BnB and if I ever return to Hood River, I will absolutely stay their again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Hood River Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Hood River BnB? Share your experiences!