“Another wonderful stay”

Best Western Plus Hood River Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Having grown up in Hood River we have made many trips back home and have stayed at the Hood River Inn a lot of these times. We have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable, and you can't beat the location right on the mighty Columbia River.

This trip we had the pleasure of staying in one of the Riverside Suites. What an amazing room! Actually I should say "rooms".

We stayed in suite #9, a two bedroom (both with King size beds and master had a walk in closet), two bath (one with a huge two person jacuzzi tub my 4 year old daughter enjoyed her morning "swim" in), a gas fireplace in the living room, flat screen TV in living and both bedrooms, a kitchen with a full size fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker with fresh coffee beans and grinder for our morning coffee, as well as scones to go along with our great cups of Joe.

We did not cook in our room, but they had everything but the groceries if we would have needed if we had chosen to. (We ate breakfast in the Riverside Grill. They were extremely busy with the Saturday morning rush, but the service was great and our food was good)

There was also a huge deck with table and chairs with seating for six people located right on the river.

Oh...did I mention the entertainment center with a Dish Network DVR, DVD player, and a Stereo System with full living room surround sound?

The only downside for some may be the location of the Riverside Suites. They are located at the far West end of the property right next to the Hood River Bridge so there is some noise from the river crossing traffic, but the room was very well isolated and we hardly noticed it unless we went out onto the deck.

We usually look forward to sleeping in our own bed once our trip is over, but we sure are missing our suite at the Hood River Inn!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Poohbe88
Write a ReviewReviews (2,765)

Reviewed 20 May 2011

We walked into this property without a reservation and were treated wonderfully by the front desk staff. We had considered another hotel in the area and we were thrilled that we stayed here. The room had a lovely view of the Columbia and was nicely updated. The dining room also has a beautiful river view and magnificent patio. We were only here for one night but above all else we were absolutely overwhelmed by the staff. We have only seen this level of service and professionalism in very upscale business hotels and resorts. They were considerate, caring, flexible, friendly....you name it and they were at the top of their game. What a delightful experience!! We will definitely be staying there again. Also, try Dora's Restaurant in town....fabulous food.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoeAz
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I can't say enough about this place. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The service is friendly and prompt. The breakfast that comes with the room is wonderful and the view you enjoy with it is remarkable. My favorite part about staying here is the bar and the food at dinner. I always sit at the bar and visit with the bartenders. I've been here a few times now and can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TheresaR13
Reviewed 25 April 2011

The hotel and rooms were in good shape adn the beds were comfy. They were repainting the halls when we were staying there so we had to put up with that but it wasn't too bad.

The restaurant/bar food was good although maybe a bit expensive for what it was. Breakfast was also good but you might spend the few extra bucks to upgrade your options for that meal.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Checked in without a reservation, it was busy because of the Blossom festival, but the receptionist managed to get us joining rooms. The rooms were clean and pleasant. The beds were comfortable, and the linens good.
The wind was howling, but we didn't experience noise from other guests.
We had the complimentary breakfast, the staff were friendly and helpful. The kids loved the french toast, I loved the oatmeal.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PipperDog
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I just started a new job and I am staying here my first business trip. What a friendly staff. The room has been recently renovated and it's very comfortable. The food is fabulous, the bar is very "swank". I think I'll be back here often, at least I hope so. BTW, does the rain ever stop? Bring on the sun!

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Where to begin? This place is so great from top to bottom and everything in between. First impressions - the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. My room was most comfortable and the wi-fi is free and fast. The location of this hotel is incredible. Very convenient to downtown Hood River and across the bridge in Bingen where I was working. Just look at the pictures...right on the water, gorgeous. Now to get to the prize gem of this place - Cebu, the hotel restaurant and bar. This place is amazing. The food is delicious!! I ate at Cebu more than I ate out in town and that is saying a lot because there are some excellent restaurants in Hood River. Whether it's breakfast lunch or dinner, you won't be disappointed. I had been out of the country for a year and hadn't had a proper steak in all that time. I went with the sirloin my first night and loved it so much I went on to order it twice more during my stay. Cooked to perfection and the mushroom sauce was exquisite. The server and bar staff are super friendly and the service is lightning fast. The bar area is fully stocked and has a great relaxing yet fun and upbeat atmosphere and they often have live music. One of the highlights of my stay was the complimentary free breakfast. As I checked in and was given my free breakfast slips, I figured I was in for some stale croissants and cold cereal. I mean c'mon, it's free. However, this is not the case at all, it is quite the opposite. I got my choice of several different full fledged, hot breakfast choices that were delicious. The eggs are cooked perfectly to order and the pepper bacon is mouth watering. And you get to enjoy your breakfast (for free remember - so tip your server) and hot, fresh, organic coffee with a gorgeous view of the Columbia River and the Hood River bridge. Stunning. All in all, with the combo of great rooms, friendly staff, delicious restaurant and incredible location in the amazing town of Hood River, this is one place that genuinely deserves every bit of the five stars I give them here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Hood River Inn? Share your experiences!